DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue using Dronelink with Mavic Mini

Fun Flyer

Reactions
I recently purchased Dronelink to use with my Mavic Mini. Setup a short mission to try out the app. When ready to launch, I received an Encoder error message in the upper message bar as shown in the attached picture. I decided to fly the mission and the drone flew it perfectly, however the message just kept repeating till the drone was shutdown after landing.

BTW I did contact both Dronelink and DJI about the issue. Dronelink’s reply “Dronelink just passes through error messages from the DJI SDK. You may want to contact DJI on this one.”

DJI’s reply “Apologize but we did not get any training with third-party Apps, so if you would like to insist on using the third party App, please refer to the third party App support for further assistance.
(Note: it is not recommended to use any third-party App with DJI products.)”

Anyone else have this issue or can provide some insight on a resolution? It would be appreciate.
Denis

Attachments

• D8A6573B-7E49-47D0-ADE7-71313B7FBABC.jpeg
    D8A6573B-7E49-47D0-ADE7-71313B7FBABC.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 64
@Fun Flyer you will not get any other response from DJI than the one you got,
it is solely up to you if you choose to fly your drone with a third party App
the message was probably generated, simply because of the fact that you were using another App instead of the FLY App

Reactions: Thomas B and RMS001
Thanks OMM. That’s kinda was my thought. Was hoping that someone else on the forum may have had the same issue and perhaps a way to resolve the it, since the drone flew the mission just fine. It may be another annoying message like the one we sometimes get about interference. I will try more test flights as the weather permits. Still quite chilly here in central Alberta.

Reactions: old man mavic
Interference would not be viewed as an annoyance message. It is giving you early warning about a real condition that can break the up and downlink connection between drone and controller. There is nothing that DJI can do but warn you, as the interference is coming from other external sources.

Hi Dave. Perhaps I worded that wrong. I understand that it is meant to warn us of a possible issue with signal interference. I’ve owned a Phantom 3S for four years and no matter where I fly it I get the interference message and have never had an issue with connection. That’s more what I meant as an annoyance. I’m hoping the error message with the Mini is a none issue other that being in the message bar at the top of the screen.
Happy flying.
Denis

I think a lot of others find it annoying too. I is however, a accurate real measurement of the problem that there are strong WIFI signals from foreign sources getting into the drone's WIFI receiver. I have verified that these signals are actually there by using an external RF meter examining the 2 WIFI wavelength ranges the drone may be using. It confirms their presence.

The issue is really how early should DJI warn you about the problem? From my cautious perspective, I am ok about an early warning so I can be prepared for an unplanned control loss and RTH if the interference gets worse.

Others may have a different preference. DJI could choose to modify the alarm threshold to trigger with higher interference level, or not trigger at all.

Reactions: Fun Flyer
I fly the original mini using dronelink and have not had that message pop up on screen yet.

Thanks T64. Good to know that others aren’t getting that message. Haven’t been out again since the original flight with the issue due to weather. Hopefully I can get out soon and try it again.

I recently purchased Dronelink to use with my Mavic Mini. Setup a short mission to try out the app. When ready to launch, I received an Encoder error message in the upper message bar as shown in the attached picture. I decided to fly the mission and the drone flew it perfectly, however the message just kept repeating till the drone was shutdown after landing.

BTW I did contact both Dronelink and DJI about the issue. Dronelink’s reply “Dronelink just passes through error messages from the DJI SDK. You may want to contact DJI on this one.”

DJI’s reply “Apologize but we did not get any training with third-party Apps, so if you would like to insist on using the third party App, please refer to the third party App support for further assistance.
(Note: it is not recommended to use any third-party App with DJI products.)”

Anyone else have this issue or can provide some insight on a resolution? It would be appreciate.
Denis
Did you find a resolution to this fault message? What phone/tablet are you using? Mike

Did you find a resolution to this fault message? What phone/tablet are you using? Mike
Hi hawkinsuk. I tried an iPhone SE gen 2 with dronelink my last time out and did not receive this error message. I was testing the “Follow feature”. I will try my iPhone 6 and iPad 5th gen next time out to see if I get the message again.

All understood. When I got Dronelink I was a bit surprised to find that my iPad Mini 4th generation and my iPhone 6S were both considered by Dronelink to be underpowered for the job so I bought on eBay an iPad Mini 5th generation (which has twice the RAM in it than the 4th generation) and it works perfectly - particularly when running the virtual program in the Dronelink App. I don't know but I wonder if the error messages you were receiving were a bit spurious but indicated that the kit you were using wasn't cutting the mustard :) I wish you luck! Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54