DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with firmware update

Dustdvl

Reactions
OK. I’m a new-B. Perhaps someone with experience can help. I turned on my Mini yesterday and noticed that there is a firmware update. I followed the steps: connected my iPhone to the controller, opened DJI Fly, powered controller on and pushed the notification to start the download. There was a rotating circle on the phone display. I assumed firmware was downloading. After about an hour, (with checks in the interim), I still only had the “circling.” Let it go another hour with the same results. At that point, it was obvious that it wasn’t working.
i attempted to do the update on my computer, using DJI Asst. 2, but there wasn’t an update notification and I could see nothing that I could use to search for one.
Any suggestions?

Hello again from the Hoosier Heartland Dustdvl.

I'm not sure how the mini updates work, but with my Spark, I have to download the update via the home Wi-Fi, and then switch to the Spark Wi-Fi to install it about half way through the process.

If I forget to switch the Wi-Fi, the process eventually times out and have to start over.

Perhaps it's similar? ?

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Thanks for the reply. According to my understanding, the Mini can be updated through the controller or connected to my home computer. At this point, neither is working. The notification of a pending update has disappeared, so I’m not sure how to retrieve it and proceed on.

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

The About menu in the app contains important aircraft information, including the current aircraft firmware, DJI Fly app, and Fly Safe Database versions. You can also view detailed information such as the name and model of your aircraft, check for available updates.

1615489371187.png

Check here --> Mavic Mini- Download Center - DJI in the .pdf "Mavic Mini Release Notes" what's the latest version & compare.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Welcome to the forum Dustdvl.

You will find a lot of helpful information from other pilots on this forum.

I have been flying for quite some time, but never too shy to raise an issue when I think someone else can help me out.

For instance, this thread on Issues with Firmware Update is a good opportunity for me to post my most recent issue:
Updating to app version 1.3.0.

Has anyone else updated to 1.3.0 and flown their Mini 2 one day, only to be advised the next day that an update is available to the DJI FLY app? And that this update is the same one they updated a few days ago?

This has happened twice since my first update to 1.3.0 on March 1st.

Has anyone else noticed that the same update has been downloaded more than once?

Reactions: Chetk7677
@Ken-Mav-Mtl ,couple of things with regards to your post ,an App update ,is different to an firmware update
since DJI no longer uses googles playstore to offer App updates ,then you will get an update message from them when the Drone is activated after a firmware update ,also if you are on IOS then you can also update from the App store at this time ,as the App store still gives App updates

@Ken-Mav-Mtl ,couple of things with regards to your post ,an App update ,is different to an firmware update
since DJI no longer uses googles playstore to offer App updates ,then you will get an update message from them when the Drone is activated after a firmware update ,also if you are on IOS then you can also update from the App store at this time ,as the App store still gives App updates
Correct, this is not a firmware but an app update. I just found that the app tried to update more than once despite the fact that my display already showed the app was updated to 1.3.0.

Reactions: anotherlab

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent