DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with the black zones in ISO 100

silveandalu

Reactions
Hi, I have the mavic air just from few days, I am doing my first flies, I had previuosly a Phamtom 3 4K...

In my first fly it was all ok, but lately since yesterday the dark zones are so noisy and with grain... I check the ISO it was in manual mode and 100... Today I check in my garden in the daylight (very sunny) and again the problem with the dark zones... I deleted and reinstalled the app, and I installed the new firmware... but still... It happen also in 2,7k, and 1080... I dont know what to do.. . If someone have the same problem, or knows how to solve I will appriceate.

Thhis is a video with examples of footage:

Can't see much problem either, shooting into sun is extreme dynamic range for any camera.
Avoid underexposing, adjust levels to get a darker look if you want when editing.
You might reduce contrast when recording to get a flatter image, which will need adjusting later but you will get more detail in the dark and bright areas.

Hi, thanks for answering, I think that it is hard to see in youtube (I have checked and the file in youtube with the compression is most softer, and the noise has been diluted), but really it is a lot of noise when you see the mov file, and it wasnt happened the first day, I can compare those videos with these of now and there are a lot of difference. And it isnt just when there are a lot of contrast, it happen in sunny conditions pointing to some shadows zones... I upload a frame and you csn see the right corner of up, in the shadow, there are a lot of compression.

Attachments

• DJI_0014.00_00_03_08.Still001.jpg
    DJI_0014.00_00_03_08.Still001.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
Also it happen that when I am recording I cant change the settings of the camera nither ISO, shutter or others... I am thinking of retourning the drone, but I think that it is a sofware issue because at begening didnt happen... I dont know, I am frustrated :(

Also it happen that when I am recording I cant change the settings of the camera nither ISO, shutter or others... I am thinking of retourning the drone, but I think that it is a sofware issue because at begening didnt happen... I dont know, I am frustrated :(

You can't change the ISO or shutter during a recording. You can only change the exposure -/+.

If you want to change ISO or shutter, you have to stop the recording, make the change, start recording again.

I have the same problem here. I have done few tests but I'm not happy with the quality.
Would you be able to look at my video test: Park - MAvic air test.mp4

setting: Iso 100
ND/PL 8
4k - 24fps - 1/50
Colour Normal

I feel it is very grain especially in the shadows. Is that normal or is there something wrong?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair