DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues on today's flight... Many problems... Help!

Daniel Bednar

Reactions
Hello all,

So today I was doing my third flight, a test flight, and have a few new problems that I came across:

1) I have an IPhone 6 I was using at the time, and the message came up that the CPU was overloaded. Then the image quality went to crap, with lagging. The storage on the phone still has 30 gigabytes, and it was a hot day outside (not sure if heat affects anything)

2) I tried connecting the drone to WIFI mode to be used with my IPad. It worked and I was using the virtual joysticks and all was well. Then, all the sudden, just a few feet away from the home point, it said signal lost and went to RTH mode. I've never had this problem with the RC mode but this time, on wifi mode, the signal went lost.

3) I pressed return to home, and it did, but just a few feet above the ground, the DJI GO 4 app said that it could not land at the home point, because it detected that it was obstructed or something weird like that, even though the home point wasn't obstructed and it was the way I started.

Any help would be sooooo appreciated. I'm still trying to work through the kinks with the drone and learn the quirks.

Thanks in advance!

I used a 6 for awhile and it worked flawlessly. I always flew in airplane mode.

Reactions: Porky
I used the iPhone 6, same as @JDawg and had no problems at all. My iPhone was purely for flying, removed all the apps, photos & things that I didn’t need. Again same as jdawg I always had the phone in “airplane mode” while flying.
Can’t answer your 2nd question, never used the WiFi to fly.

Your 3rd question, how close were you to the drone while it was landing? The sensors might be picking you up as the obstacle;) this has happened to me on many occasions.;)

Thanks for your replies. I'll try using airplane mode on the phone. As far as the obstacle, i don't think I was the obstacle because I was pretty far away. Thanks a lot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54