DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with calibration after gimbal replacement

MegaObi

Reactions
hey guys I had small crack in my gimbal everything was he never the less worki perfectly. I was unhappy with it cometically and decided to replace gimbal arm.

The gimbal arm was only like $25aud from eBay.

I replaced the arm without issues however now I am having issues when I first turn on the drone. Gimbal moves up and down then full locks left.

If I press down on the opposite side while booting it will align straight but hen ere is slight drift left.

I tried recalibration get through DJI assistant and refresh firmware but I am still having issues.

Just wanting to know if anyone else have similar issues or a possible fix I could try.

Thanks

Could be either a bad gimbal arm (that you just bought), bad connector somewhere on the assembly, or needs a new ribbon cable. These cheapo gimbal arms sometimes cause more problems than they are worth. I never use them.

Reactions: Turn11
Gimbal on Mavic Air cannot be replaced at home. Gimbal is paired/calibrated exclusively to mainboard during production. Therefore after replacement your gimbal is misaligned as original calibration in mainboard doesn't match new gimbal motors. There is special software for doing this calibration after replacement but only DJI has it.

Reactions: Rishu
I just replaced my gimbal and am having the same issue. Is there a way to calibrate and/or adjust the gimbal? Would buying a new/oem gimbal solve this problem?

I just replaced my gimbal and am having the same issue. Is there a way to calibrate and/or adjust the gimbal? Would buying a new/oem gimbal solve this problem?

Bump for any updates. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N