DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with importing RAW Pano images to Lightroom

Bobell69

Reactions
Today through this forum I finally figured out how to shoot panos in RAW. I took three Panos and about every 6 raw images would not import into LightRoom. I tried a number of different approaches and finally I loaded all of the images in Adobe Camera Raw (which worked) and just applied an auto exposure to all of the RAW images. I exited Bridge and then went back to Lightroom and low and behold all of the raw images were identified and nicely imported to lightroom where I was then able to process the images into the three different pano.

Not sure if this is a one time problem or a Lightroom issue or not. I haven't had RAW problems with any of the still shots that I've taken in RAW as yet with the Mini 2. I would be interested to know if anyone else has run into this issue.

I've uploaded one of the images but it was too large so I reduced its size. Not sure if it will work or not. Strange place to shoot panos, but it was pouring rain outside so I flew the Mini 2 from inside the garage and moved the mini just outside of the garage but under the eve of the house.

Bob Ell
Courtenay BC

Attachments

• DJI_0001-Enhanced-Pano-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0001-Enhanced-Pano-Edit.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 40
Today through this forum I finally figured out how to shoot panos in RAW. I took three Panos and about every 6 raw images would not import into LightRoom. I tried a number of different approaches and finally I loaded all of the images in Adobe Camera Raw (which worked) and just applied an auto exposure to all of the RAW images. I exited Bridge and then went back to Lightroom and low and behold all of the raw images were identified and nicely imported to lightroom where I was then able to process the images into the three different pano.

Not sure if this is a one time problem or a Lightroom issue or not. I haven't had RAW problems with any of the still shots that I've taken in RAW as yet with the Mini 2. I would be interested to know if anyone else has run into this issue.

I've uploaded one of the images but it was too large so I reduced its size. Not sure if it will work or not. Strange place to shoot panos, but it was pouring rain outside so I flew the Mini 2 from inside the garage and moved the mini just outside of the garage but under the eve of the house.

Bob Ell
Courtenay BC
My advice would be to just process the pano in camera RAW through bridge and then if you really want to import the Pano into Lightroom. That way you don’t have to import all the pano parts into Lightroom.

Also, I wouldn’t apply auto exposure to the photos until they have been processed into the pano. This may not matter but worst case you might have some photos that get exposed differently by auto exposure and then look weird when stitched together.

My advice would be to just process the pano in camera RAW through bridge and then if you really want to import the Pano into Lightroom. That way you don’t have to import all the pano parts into Lightroom.

Also, I wouldn’t apply auto exposure to the photos until they have been processed into the pano. This may not matter but worst case you might have some photos that get exposed differently by auto exposure and then look weird when stitched together.
Thank you for your reply. You're right I should just process them in Adobe Camera Raw. I use LR as my catalogue for all of my images so I do need to have the originals. Not sure if the raw enhance feature is available in ACR or not.

Thank you for your reply. You're right I should just process them in Adobe Camera Raw. I use LR as my catalogue for all of my images so I do need to have the originals. Not sure if the raw enhance feature is available in ACR or not.
So this is Lightroom Classic then?

All the editing features of Lightroom are available in ACR. Do you notice any difference with enhance details on the MM2 DNGs? Usually it really only works if there’s some unique Bayer pattern on the sensor.

If you try to import just the missing photos what happens?

Also, apply auto corrections to the photos before merging isn’t advised. Some settings are ignored when merging but others or not so best case scenario it’s doesn’t do anything and is a wasted step. Worst case it could cause issues with white balance and exposure between stitched photos.

It’s impossible to tell if this was from auto corrections or from auto white balance in camera but this is what you don’t want to happen. 0C1FA6A7-13C7-41CC-AD1D-5C292B931285.jpeg

So this is Lightroom Classic then?

All the editing features of Lightroom are available in ACR. Do you notice any difference with enhance details on the MM2 DNGs? Usually it really only works if there’s some unique Bayer pattern on the sensor.

If you try to import just the missing photos what happens?
The problem only exists with Lightroom Classic on my iMac. Images import fine into photoshop when I look at them in Bridge. Further investigation with playing around with Lightroom import shows that Lightroom sees the jpg and the dng images as being duplicates and then only imports the jpg images. The DNG files are obscured and cannot be selected for import.

So I tried another experiment by renaming the dng images using bridge and lo and behold Lightroom imported them with no problem. To further add to this, when I take photos with the mini camera I have no issues with importing the DNG files., it is only when I take panoramas that the dng files created cause issues with Lightroom.

At least we know that this problem is not a one off. I will contact DJI re the issue in the meantîme if you rename the dng files then lightroon will be able to import them and you can then process them as normal.

Hmmm... I'm seeing the same problems with the images opened directly in Photoshop (have not tried using Bridge). Interesting that the files also look fine in Luminar 4. There's something very specific with how Adobe handles the photos coming from DJI M2 Panos shot in raw. DJI support is aware of the problem.
P.S. I'm also on the island! :)

Reactions: Bobell69
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000