DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s Officially Official

Caleb R.

Reactions
After years of passing it off as only a dream I finally pulled all of the right strings and joined the DJI club and I couldn’t be happier, in case my childish face didn’t give it away. Heavy rain here this weekend so it looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time on the simulator until the skies clear.
E071BDDA-3DA7-4CDA-BB89-D73F45C7C04A.jpeg

you will have that happy grin for a long time,been flying my MPP for over a year and it still makes me smile ,enjoy

Welcome to the forum! :)

After years of passing it off as only a dream I finally pulled all of the right strings and joined the DJI club and I couldn’t be happier, in case my childish face didn’t give it away. Heavy rain here this weekend so it looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time on the simulator until the skies clear.
View attachment 88055
Most excellent! You will definitely enjoy it.

Reactions: old man mavic
I fly my Mavic Pro Platinum with confidence, the Mavic Pros being such solid dependable drones. It goes and returns so faithfully every time, maneuvers so well. Just fly safely, no unnecessary risks. It'll perform so well for you. Always, Always check the map, see home, before you take off, just as the nice lady says. Take off in an area with no walls or trees within a good radius so when or if it returns home on its own there is plenty of room to land. Set that RTH height high enough to avoid anything on the way back. Happy flying.

View attachment 88055
Congrats!
Be sure and read this from DJI... only available online. Scroll down a bit for the manual and more.

Congrats Caleb R, that grin that wraps around to the back of your head will be there many times as you fly. I’m glad to hear a dream come true. To be honest, having it rain now with box in hand is the best thing for you. It gives you time to read and understand the owners manual, explore the apps, and time to plan your 1st flight carefully. I’ve heard, read and seen to many times where folks get a new UAV, break open the box and go out to fly, only to be disappointed because they didn’t understand how to operate the vehicle and the % chance of crashing was much higher. So absorbing all that you can and reveling in the process of learning to fly your new passion made real. Ask anyone that flys, “it’s better to be on the ground wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were on the ground”. Rainy days are perfect for gaining much needed knowledge about this amazing activity.
Also I see you have been on this forum for about a month, welcome ?
Blue Skies from SoCal

I've had my MA since they first came out and I fly almost everyday even if its just one battery around my property. I did 6 batteries last Tuesday and drove a couple hundred miles doing them LOL . 4 different locations around a large lake. Great day of flying.
i wish we had the weather to fly nearly every day at this time of year those days are far and few between

Yea its nice now but we get 100+ days each summer of temps over 100f so can't fly except early morning when temps are below 100 or at night which I do of course

I love it! I remember when I got my 1st real drone. MPP. It's been over a year now. I now own the
Mavic Pro Platinum, a
Mavic Air, a
Mavic Mini, a
Spark, a
Tello, a
Dobby, an
Osmo Mobile 2, an
Osmo Mobile 3, an
Osmo Pocket, an
Osmo Action,
DJI Goggles (white ones),
Crystalsky Monitor (5.5"),
and all the accessories that an obsessed person can get his hands on. Oh, and I am sure I'm not done. I still need a Phantom 4.

I love it! I remember when I got my 1st real drone. MPP. It's been over a year now. I now own the
Mavic Pro Platinum, a
Mavic Air, a
Mavic Mini, a
Spark, a
Tello, a
Dobby, an
Osmo Mobile 2, an
Osmo Mobile 3, an
Osmo Pocket, an
Osmo Action,
DJI Goggles (white ones),
Crystalsky Monitor (5.5"),
and all the accessories that an obsessed person can get his hands on. Oh, and I am sure I'm not done. I still need a Phantom 4.
Someone’s been busy!

its knowing when to stop thats the hard bit ,but it does not really matter if it makes you happy

Reactions: Mavco and Thomas B
And that it does. All my life I was a prisoner to gravity. Even when I was a young'n I couldn't jump higher than a couple of feet. Having a drone with a camera fixes that and with DJI's technology, the sky is the limit.

View attachment 88055
awesome man welcome to the club, I will advise that you start reading you manual and most of all have fun. lots of great experience pilots here and very helpful

Yea its nice now but we get 100+ days each summer of temps over 100f so can't fly except early morning when temps are below 100 or at night which I do of course
Hi Bigbird48,
Just curious about your post. Are the flight restrictions you mentioned due to device limitations or physical limitations / comfort level? I know I have read a lot about safety & flying in the colder weather I will experience but perhaps didn't retain the other end of the spectrum limit.

I will be keeping your post in mind next time I tell someone "I wish I had your weather over there." :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada