DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It Happened to me - Drone Crash!

dino9832

Reactions
I've been so impressed with my mini. Range could be better, but I've only had it to 200' max. I've been pushing the MM further and higher as I grow more familiar with it's limitations AND my skill level.

Then it happened. After buzzing around out to 2000' I brought it home with battery to spare. Then, decided to make a trip down my dirt road. I was flying low to get under the tree limbs. Then, as the road opened up I took it to about 10'. I smacked a power cable to a trailer that was strung low and across the road! It was like being clothes-lined. It must have hit the drone right in the camera.

The MM seemed fine, then I realized the plastic gimbal mount was broken and one of the rubber vibration dampeners was missing. *sigh* Thank God I purchased the Care Refresh service plan. It looked like an easy fix, but I didn't want to void anything if I ever have to send it in again.

On a side note, it appears my only option was a repair and not another drone. I guess depending on what you select as your issue determines your repair/replace status.

I hope they get my MM back to me soon!

Ugh. I know the feeling. Had mine for two days and let too many people fly it and almost everybody crashed it and one of the legs ended up snapping. Luckily had the DJI Care Refresh and got a replacement back in two weeks

Well, the good news is it should be delivered tomorrow! That was quick.
Bad news (maybe) is it went to Grapevine Texas which from what I've read, is somewhat questionable in their service. After some research it appears the company is SMS InfoComm which is a general electronics repair operation.

Hopefully they will do a good job with a quick turn around.

With that type of fix I'm sure you'll get a good result..maybe a new drone.
Bad luck with that cable..of course it wasn't legal or even smart for the moron..uh person to have strung it..alas..

Well, the good news is it should be delivered tomorrow! That was quick.
Bad news (maybe) is it went to Grapevine Texas which from what I've read, is somewhat questionable in their service. After some research it appears the company is SMS InfoComm which is a general electronics repair operation.

Hopefully they will do a good job with a quick turn around.
My Platinum went to Texas as well and other than being slow in these times, I received a new Platinum. I sent it in for repair (most of the unit was cracked, top, bottom ,legs but the rest was in great shape) and they quoted me a decent repair cost but then sent a new one. Just sharing.

Reactions: dino9832
My Platinum went to Texas as well and other than being slow in these times, I received a new Platinum. I sent it in for repair (most of the unit was cracked, top, bottom ,legs but the rest was in great shape) and they quoted me a decent repair cost but then sent a new one. Just sharing.
Hopefully it won't take too long. I only had it for 10 days! Plus, had family obligations both weekends. Still, I managed to rack up 33 flights and 3.3 hours of air time. Not one accident, until I had the big one..lol. It actually wasn't so bad of an accident, but caught the drone right across the camera/gimbal with a cable. Had the cable been vertical it probably would have been fine. But it was more horizontal. The camera took all of the force.

Welcome. I was lining up for a video shot at a tree. Back up past another tree which turned out to be bigger than expected. Doh. The MP stuck in the branches and I was in plaster. A passer by climbed the tree and shook the branch till it dropped, with nothing but a wrecked prop. Go well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore