DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Its finally out! The SC support for MA2!

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Yes I can confirm it is indeed! Downloading now! I am in Beijing China BTW.

Attachments

• AFACC12A-E313-4B5A-BE45-7A7C390606FA.jpeg
    AFACC12A-E313-4B5A-BE45-7A7C390606FA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 180
Having a problem here in the States. It downloads to 99 percent and continues to try to finish that last 1 percent but just keeps running to try to complete the download. This new version is V01.00.0820. Yep, it is supposed to provide compatibility with the MA2. No luck after about 45 minutes of running, stuck on 99 percent.

Reactions: Kaibil57
Unless you have a compelling need for an update it’s never a bad idea to wait.

Yes, agree, unless you want to be a beta tester. :). I purchased the SC for the MA2 so that is why I don’t have a lot of patience...

I have a m2p and didn’t want the update, but for some reason it would not allow me to fly until I updated. One hour later stuck at 60% down loaded. Removed sd card then stuck at 99%. In the end did a restore on the SC and used DJI assistant on the pc and eventually managed to down load.

Is the SC screen better in daylight than an iPhone X? Does it use DJI Fly or another software app for drone control?

Yes, agree, unless you want to be a beta tester. :). I purchased the SC for the MA2 so that is why I don’t have a lot of patience...
Are you using the latest Asst 2? Reports on the web (YouTube) is that it has issues with OTA update but Asst. 2 is working :)

Is the SC screen better in daylight than an iPhone X? Does it use DJI Fly or another software app for drone control?

I have yet to see any phone that is better (Brightness) than a SC screen. Granted phones as you mentioned may have a nit brightness comparably. But in all reports I have seen they cannot run at that level very long due to heat or power consumption and they throttle it back. The SC screen is BRIGHT and clear for as long as you have it on and is specifically built to thermal and power demands to run at 1000 nits.

I myself had great doubts coming from a standard controller with a iPad Pro 9.7" and going down on screen size. I can tell you that I have no issues running a SC due to the increased brightness and a HUGE plus it the ability to power up and fly in -30 seconds as well as the Programmability of the SC system of controls and knobs. There are a few threads on asking if the SC is worth it and the response from owners is near 100% positive and many such as myself have old tired eyes. YMMV ;)

As mentioned above the SC update is including it's version of DJI Fly App. A interesting fact is that the SC is running a 32 bit Android (Ver 7.1.2). So that means they have rehashed the Fly App. It is a good possibility that they may release some version of the 32 bit App now thus clearing out the issue of only newer phones only working on the 64 bit side of Android. So some that are using older phones can now use their devices they have instead of a upgrade to their phones and such. Fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest