DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 It's IceMagedon in Texas...again.

spamgnome

Reactions
Decided to fly the 'ol trusty Mavic Air in the freezing rain to get some shots of the ice-laden trees. On both flights the props iced up, but on the 2nd flight she was flying like a drunken sailor. Also got a message about the motors being at full power as the drone was doing an uncommanded decent. Enjoy!

20230201_125715.jpg

Nice footage.
I've been seeing a lot of Texas road / traffic ice and snow incidents on the news and other youtube dashcam videos in the past week or two.
It's normal there I think, but a lot of people outside the US picture Texas as mostly dry type weather, it's sort of North Africa / Saudi type latitude (?), but obviously gets some pretty extreme winter weather.

Reactions: SeaPig
Ice is beautiful but very destructive.

Reactions: SeaPig
I really enjoyed the video. Thank you spamgnome. Not quite that cold here.
The education continues with me on these birds.

@spamgnome great video ,and glad your drone survived the ordeal,so in that respect it was worth the risk

Reactions: Joeblow
Decided to fly the 'ol trusty Mavic Air in the freezing rain to get some shots of the ice-laden trees. On both flights the props iced up, but on the 2nd flight she was flying like a drunken sailor. Also got a message about the motors being at full power as the drone was doing an uncommanded decent. Enjoy!

View attachment 160168
Looks cold. Curious though, did you take a copyright hit on YouTube for using Steve Miller's song?

View attachment 160168
Beautiful video. Thank you for sharing.

Nice footage.
I've been seeing a lot of Texas road / traffic ice and snow incidents on the news and other youtube dashcam videos in the past week or two.
It's normal there I think, but a lot of people outside the US picture Texas as mostly dry type weather, it's sort of North Africa / Saudi type latitude (?), but obviously gets some pretty extreme winter weather.
In houston area where i am our summers can get well over 100F (43C) and our winters will go below 20 F (-7C)

Nice video. When you live in Texas as I do now, it's very OMG to see that kind of ice everywhere. The video had a strange strobe-like look to it, like it was output at 15fps, even when I watched it on YouTube!?

Yeah, I'd say that's cold! Nicely done!

As a 5th generation Texan, having lived on a farm in the magnificent Piney woods of deep east Texas, then down to the City by the Bay on the lower gulf coast in lower S/E Texas, and now the beautiful Texas hill country.....Yes this was one crazy ice storm! Thanks for the video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout