DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's official! My license arrived today.

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I tested and passed on July 24th. I did receive my temporary certificate in a week, but I’m still waiting on the official card.

Congrats on passing the exam!

great stuff ,are you planning to do commercial work ,or was it just for the benefit of extra knowledge

Reactions: Kyle76
Congrats! How long did it take you to study for it? Also, what study tools did you use? I'm starting my studying this weekend.

Congrats! How long did it take you to study for it? Also, what study tools did you use? I'm starting my studying this weekend.
I started by watching Tony Northrup’s YouTube video on Part 107. That kind of gave me the confidence that I could pass without taking a course. I watched it twice all the way through and then a few others about sectional maps and some other areas. I also took repeated 10-question practice tests at another site. See this post: 107 License Test and Studying
I started studying on Sunday night and took the exam Wednesday morning.

Reactions: KB4MTO
I started by watching Tony Northrup’s YouTube video on Part 107. That kind of gave me the confidence that I could pass without taking a course. I watched it twice all the way through and then a few others about sectional maps and some other areas. I also took repeated 10-question practice tests at another site. See this post: 107 License Test and Studying
Tony's video really helps.
And knowing charts, charts, charts. My exam had a ton of chart questions.

Charts, charts, and more charts...

Reactions: Captain Zipper
Study a little bit about airport signs, clouds and psychological characteristics like macho and anti-authority. Probably 8-10 very easy questions with just a little knowledge and common sense on those. (If a cloud has nimbus in its name, it's going to rain -- there's two from my exam right there.)

Reactions: Captain Zipper
I passed the Part 107 exam on July 29. It took about a week for my temporary certificate to show up on the FAA website. In today's mail I received my genuine, issued by the USA, physical card with certificate number and FAA hologram.

Congratulations!

I passed the Part 107 exam on July 29. It took about a week for my temporary certificate to show up on the FAA website. In today's mail I received my genuine, issued by the USA, physical card with certificate number and FAA hologram.
Many Congratulations and best wishes in your future endeavors!

Awesome, thanks for the info. Congrats again!

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest