DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's the Lake Effect

TheFoxSaysRingADingDing

Reactions
Along with that wonderful little snowfall we got here in southwestern Michigan, we were also lucky enough to get A LOT of lake effect snow. Generally, if the temperature goes from cool to freezing quickly, the cooler air flows over Lake Michigan and makes for some very heavy snowfall. I remember one time back in 2010 that it snowed literally 3 feet of snow in one night (and I am not exaggerating). We got about 18 inches from the lake in our neck of the woods this time. I got some pictures, unfortunately I had to wait a couple of days for the weather to cooperate so it melted a little. I'm pretty happy how the pictures turned out, there's still leaves on the trees to give little pops of color. It has been an unusually late fall and an unusually early snowfall, so it's cool to see them together! View attachment DJI_0461.jpgView attachment DJI_0508.jpgView attachment DJI_0484.jpg
I especially like the last one, it looks like two giant footprints!

Living in Central New York, we see that same Lake Effect off both Erie and Ontario. By driving a couple of miles you could be in a totally different world due to how these snow bands work! And yes, those DO look just like footprints!

I was gonna say Cleveland is also friends with Pittsburgh, but after yesterday's game I'm not so sure.... ??‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair