DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jaffa Israel

Julius Danziger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Jaffa is an ancient port in Israel and is very colorful.Jaffa is built on a hill overlooking the mediterranean
Comments would be appreciated.Notice that there is a flicker on lighted subjects in the video.Can anybody tell me how to correct this issue going forwards
Thanks

Well done. I'll never see in person so enjoyed the drone view. Old and new together was great subject matter. The marina a nice touch too.

Very nice video

Interesting mosque and ancient buildings.

About the flicker problem you mention, I think it is not the main problem of the video and it is probably produced by the flicker of the electric current (50 Hz or 60Hz) depending on the country. You can avoid it by recording at the same shutter speed as the electricity, or try to solve it in editing (not always easy) with a deflicker filter (Davinci Resolve has one, but you can't use it in the free version). Also some cameras have built-in filters to reduce the problem, just activate them.

Let me give you some advice to improve the video, or for future videos:

- The first part of the video has the white balance too warm, which causes too much red in the images. The second part of the video, the white balance is better.
- The previous point leads me to the fact that you have inconsistency colour grade throughout the video. Ideally, the whole video should have the same tonality, brightness, contrast, ...etc.
- The scenes repeat the same locations too much. It would be better to shorten the video and not repeat the same places, angles, ...etc.
- Different directions of movement in many scenes: the drone moves forward, stops, then turns, ..... It would be better to cut the scenes so that they have counted movement and always in the same direction.
- Jerky drone movements on many scenes. Cut the scenes as explained on previous point, and stabilise them, it would help.
- Jitter on scenes with movement. Surely, lowering the shutter speed between 2x/1x the fps of the video recording would reduce it or make it disappear.
- I don't have a 1080p monitor, mine´s have more resolution, but I get the feeling that the images have little definition. Turning the mids up a bit, might help lessen the problem.
- The video could also use more variety of drone and gimbal movements. I suggest you watch videos from others to get ideas.
- It would benefit of noise reduction as it has artefacts and quite a lot of noise.

I hope this helps. Best regards

Been there many years ago...some good things don't change. I think Tel Aviv in the background in almost every shot...perhaps getting different angles with different backgrounds with the same subject may benefit. You did that 3/4 of the way through the video, perhaps too late to change perspective? Good video.

Been there many years ago...some good things don't change. I think Tel Aviv in the background in almost every shot...perhaps getting different angles with different backgrounds with the same subject may benefit. You did that 3/4 of the way through the video, perhaps too late to change perspective? Good video.
Thanks for the input

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851