DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jeez that was nice ... managed to fly out the worst before the rain - FPV

slup

Reactions
Rain forecasted for the whole day tomorrow & later this evening ... charged up 1 pack & ran to a nearby spot to get the worst need out.
No fancy video quality, video straight out of the goggles ... it's just super viewed with the Niek Superview tool. All just a moment of pure pleasure on a small patch of grass with a lot of trees 😊

Some may say that a puke bag nearby can be a good idea when watching 😁

Rain forecasted for the whole day tomorrow & later this evening ... charged up 1 pack & ran to a nearby spot to get the worst need out.
No fancy video quality, video straight out of the goggles ... it's just super viewed with the Niek Superview tool. All just a moment of pure pleasure on a small patch of grass with a lot of trees 😊

Some may say that a puke bag nearby can be a good idea when watching 😁

Dude, I don't know about needing a puke bag. I will admit that I got dizzy though. Take care.

Reactions: slup
What drone are you flying? 5"? So little prop wash!

Nice video bro! FPV is the way to fly. Once you try it, stabilized drones feel sloooooooow and boring.

Reactions: slup
What drone are you flying? 5"? So little prop wash!
Yep ... iFlight Nazgul Evoque F5 in a deadcat config.

In the clip I'm using Gemfan F4S props ... but to be honest, nearly never have visual prop wash with any kind of prop, just a bit audible.

Reactions: Korrd
Nice!

I envy you man, I'm currently flying the DJI FPV which suffers from lots of propwash on its stock props. 'Been looking forward to prop adapters so I can run standard props instead.

Nice!

I envy you man, I'm currently flying the DJI FPV which suffers from lots of propwash on its stock props. 'Been looking forward to prop adapters so I can run standard props instead.
It may not be anything wrong with the stock props as such ... maybe the PID gains just should be a tad higher, but as DJI haven't given users access so you can tweak them you're stuck trying to find a prop that suits the stock tune better.

Unfortunately that's not how or why you chose a prop, it's backwards ... you normally chose a prop for the flight characteristics you're after, then adjust the tune so it behaves.

Have 5 different favorite prop variants for different purposes ... efficiency, speed, grip & acceleration, all require some degree of PID value adjustment to shine.

The thing is that DJI won't provide for a way to do PID tunning, so you are forced to tackle it backwards. There are prop adapters that allow you to mount 5" props, and I'm about to try that path in order to improve on it.

The main issue with dji stock props is that they are flimsy, hence unstable when flying through your own vortex.

On the other side, once I can stay still (I'm a digital nomad rn), I'll DIY my own 5" qwad so I can go beyond what DJI allows

...On the other side, once I can stay still (I'm a digital nomad rn), I'll DIY my own 5" qwad so I can go beyond what DJI allows
Nowadays ... pure economical it's no benefit to build your own, either is the quality if you go with the bigger brands like iFlight, GEPRC or Diatone. If your priority is flying & not building ... go Bind n Fly.

Reactions: Korrd
Good point. I mean, RTF kits are great for the content creator since it saves you from the overhead. Still, I want to go through building it as it is the best way of fully understanding the machine.

I want to become an absolute beast at flying these things and in order to do so it is a must to grok/tryhard it.

I'm coming for you, pro pilots 😏

...I want to go through building it as it is the best way of fully understanding the machine.
Below is what you find at most in all digital quads ... they are much simpler than you might think.

Usually it's even less components than what's in the picture ... today the Flight controller & ESC board often are on the same board, so one less PC-board.

And when it comes to the RC receiver with it's own antenna ... if you as shown in the picture, use a Vista VTX & use the DJI gen 1 FPV controller, you can skip the separate receiver+antenna as the Vista VTX already have one built in & connects directly to the DJI controller.

So in the end it's very few components that are repairable, if they break you change them out. Besides that, it's all about solder joints & connectors, if you crash and rip off a cable it's easy to spot & fix.

So not much to learn actually ...

1652975207652.png

Yeah. Everything is modular nowadays so it's just a matter of slapping black boxes together and doing software config, combining parts and configs until you find the one most suited for your use case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian