DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jelloing Ever Normal?

maximeeso

Reactions
So my first Mavic Pro I could basically never fly in sport mode without it shaking, didn't matter if it was a calm day, windy day, if I was 50 feet up, or 350 feet up.

My second Mavic Pro I returned because I couldn't burn a single battery without the gimbal reset problem.

So now my onto third Mavic Pro I have put probably about 30 hours on. I used to be able to fly full speed sport mode without ever seeing any type of jello. Now, 30 hours in and it seems like once I get up to about 28-30 mph (sometimes slower) I'm getting hit with some fierce jello'ing for 1-3 seconds. I find that I'm constantly having to go slower and slower in sport to find that "sweet spot" where it doesn't occur as often.. Of course at higher altitudes I find that I have to go slower because there's greater winds aloft.

I guess what it boils down to is me not being sure if it's occurring more because of the time of the year (It's cooler, there has naturally been far more winds in the past few weeks than it was in the middle of the summer back when I returned my jello monster I had first).. I guess I just want to know if it's a "nature of the beast" type problem. If I hear from you guys that if you push it fairly hard in sport mode especially heading into the wind/while ascending you experience jello as well, I'll just count this as a nature of the beast problem and not push it as hard.

Thanks for reading.. Are there any Mavic owners out there that can push their Mavic as hard as they want in sport mode even with decent winds outside and never experience jello? Does anyone have any insight as to what part or parts lead to the jello'ing issue?

See video below for all instances of jello'ing from latest battery.. Tell me if you experience this or not when "horsing around" in sport mode..

Hi ,

i am at 242 km / 150 miles and been flying in sports mode too.

I am not experiencing this jello effect.

Hi ,

i am at 242 km / 150 miles and been flying in sports mode too.

I am not experiencing this jello effect.

Yeah.. I went back and watched a good number of videos that I've recorded (from when I first got this drone until now) .. and it's a relatively new thing for my drone.
I used to be able to go 40+ mph in sport mode and never experience a shake not one time... Now it's happening more and more... Depressing :(

Did you check if the gimbal vibration plate has an issue ? There are 4 bands that should keep the whole device steady.

That is a good place to start by checking that all 4 rubber bands are on the plate and not broken. you can pull on each one to see if any are torn. Most times you would get a "gimbal vibration" error message in DJI Go, but not always.

Reactions: mildim
That is a good place to start by checking that all 4 rubber bands are on the plate and not broken. you can pull on each one to see if any are torn. Most times you would get a "gimbal vibration" error message in DJI Go, but not always.

They all appear to still be intact. The plate appears to be in the right spot behind the L bracket as well.

-- Tried posting pictures here.... Didn't work.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest