DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky Video

GeneS

Reactions
Hello all. Brand new to drones here.

My video is jerky. Not sure that's the correct term for what I'm seeing but it looks like the video is skipping.

Any ideas what I should try?

GeneS

Usually this is your computer not coping if you've recorded at 4K, but first thing is to be sure to download it rather than trying to play from the card or over USB cable.

it is downloaded to my computer. Should I record in something other that 4K for smooth playback?

Can you tell me what your camera settings were?eg 4K, 30fps, shutter-speed (probably the issue). I may be able to help. Additionally what video is bad? Did you copy files from the card to the local drive on your computer?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

it is downloaded to my computer. Should I record in something other that 4K for smooth playback?

My guess is you were shooting 4K 30fps with an extremely high shutter speed. The shutter speed should be set to 2x the frame rate . If you had the camera set to auto and its bright... the shutter speed will adjust to an abnormally high rate and cause jumpy video. The only way to fix that on cameras with a fixed aperture, like the phantom, is with ND filters or flying when there is less available light.

You could also fly at a higher frame rate,60 fps and 120ish shutter speed, that would also mitigate the available light issue.

Reactions: McMavic
It looks like the problem was with my computer. When I played it back later today it was silky smooth.

Thank you all for the replies.

I do find if my computer is doing some serious work like rendering a video it can't smoothly play another file.
It's always worth trying alternative players too,

I do find if my computer is doing some serious work like rendering a video it can't smoothly play another file.
It's always worth trying alternative players too,

Glad you found the problem

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS