DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jet Boat races on the river

I'm curious, were these images and video captured this year? I live about 25 miles from Orofino and have thought about flying my M2P both at Clearwater River near Orofino and also on the Salmon River near Riggins to try and capture some of the jet boat action. Do you live in this area? If so we should try to get together sometime with our drones.

Cheers!

I'm curious, were these images and video captured this year? I live about 25 miles from Orofino and have thought about flying my M2P both at Clearwater River near Orofino and also on the Salmon River near Riggins to try and capture some of the jet boat action. Do you live in this area? If so we should try to get together sometime with our drones.

Cheers!
These were taken this Saturday 6/15 2019 above Orofino where the train tunnel is. I live in the LC Valley and try to fly as much as I can around our area but mostly do pictures with my drone as you can tell from the videos. I have both the Mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro but mainly use the Mavic. It would be fun to get together with other drone pilots around the area and fly. The Jet boats will be racing up the Snake river here before long and will be another good chance to get some pics and videos.

Thanks for the information...I hadn't realized there would be any jet boats on the Clearwater last weekend. Yes, I agree that we should try to get together someday. I live close to the South Fork near Kooskia. I've done some flying up the Lochsa but had sketchy GPS reception in some parts of the narrow canyon and got spooked when the M2P started drifting from a hover with an apparent lag in the communication between the RC and the AC. Let me know when you're in my neck of the woods and I'll try and do the same.

Cheers!

Thanks for the information...I hadn't realized there would be any jet boats on the Clearwater last weekend. Yes, I agree that we should try to get together someday. I live close to the South Fork near Kooskia. I've done some flying up the Lochsa but had sketchy GPS reception in some parts of the narrow canyon and got spooked when the M2P started drifting from a hover with an apparent lag in the communication between the RC and the AC. Let me know when you're in my neck of the woods and I'll try and do the same.

Cheers!
I have been planning a trip up the Clearwater and love that area. Going to Kodiak Alaska at the end of the month for some fishing and drone flying. I have a few videos of our area on my YouTube channel Neal Drury

Let me know when you're headed up river...maybe we can meet up somewhere. I haven't been to Kodiak but have spent several summers in the Alaska Range and other parts of AK...unfortunately way before drones! I watched your videos on YT...I had seen the tugboat one previous here on this forum and was haunted by the scenery....now I know why! It's the Snake/Clearwater!

Cheers!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC