DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jittery Footage

Fergy

Reactions
Can anyone explain why my footage is Jittery, I use a top quality Samsung SD card.
TIA

John

Jitter is caused by turning too fast, at too fast of a shutter speed, and at too low of a frame rate. You can reduce it by turning more slowly, increasing the frame rate, and using an appropriate ND filter to get the video shutter speed down to one over twice the frame rate, to create motion blur that will smooth out the jitter.

"The film industry has a rule of thumb that is often used to achieve natural-looking motion blur in video content called the 180° Shutter Rule. The 180° Shutter Rule states that your shutter speed should be set to 1/frame rate x 2. So at a frame rate of 24 fps, the correct shutter speed is 1/48 sec."

Reactions: Rod Nolasco
Gorgeous scenery! Wish our water looked like that instead of brown.

You might also tinker with the yaw speed/smoothness to slow things down. Depending on your editor, you might also be able to do some stabilization in post.

Reactions: Fergy and GadgetGuy
Thanks on this occasion I did use Auto, I do use a ND filter (16) and usually shout at 30 fps and shutter speed of 60.

thanks for your input.

John

Gorgeous scenery! Wish our water looked like that instead of brown.

You might also tinker with the yaw speed/smoothness to slow things down. Depending on your editor, you might also be able to do some stabilization in post.
I did speed up the video speed a little and I believe that was the cause, I checked the original video and it was fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000