DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jordan laws

gr5

Reactions
I will be traveling to Jordan soon. I was wondering if anybody knew their laws. I couldn't really find anything on the Internet

So if anybody's interested you are allowed to fly in Jordan but need permission to be able to fly and take pictures/ videos. I did go to Petra but was not allowed to fly. I emailed the proper authorities but no one was able to help me. Oh well Petra was still amazing

Thanks for the info about flying your Mavic in Jordan. How did you get through customs-- and security? Just curious. When you say you were not allowed to fly at Petra, did someone stop you? Where did you try to fly? I'm considering hiking in to the Monastery where there aren't as many people. Thanks for your advice.

Sorry for the late response. I'm military so no issues with customs. But I asked around and I needed permission from the country officials and Petra security said the same thing that I needed permission from the government.

Thanks for that reply. How did you obtain permission from the government-- and from Petra? That's what I'm after. Thank you.

Do you have any news related to this topic?
I'm planning to visit Jordan next week and I'll take the Mavic with me. I tried to contact the authorities and finally I wrote an email to the Ministry of Interior. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Reactions: waynestiles
Do you have any news related to this topic?
I'm planning to visit Jordan next week and I'll take the Mavic with me. I tried to contact the authorities and finally I wrote an email to the Ministry of Interior. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Hey, Flash, please let me know how it goes, will you? Everything I've heard suggests that the Mavic may be held at customs until you leave the country. I hope it goes well. Do, please, let me know-- as I head to Jordan next month. Thanks!

Sorry for the late response. I'm military so no issues with customs. But I asked around and I needed permission from the country officials and Petra security said the same thing that I needed permission from the government.
Thanks for that reply. How did you obtain permission from the government-- and from Petra? That's what I'm after. Thank you.

Hey, Flash, please let me know how it goes, will you? Everything I've heard suggests that the Mavic may be held at customs until you leave the country. I hope it goes well. Do, please, let me know-- as I head to Jordan next month. Thanks!

I will send an update next week. The only thing is that I haven't received the confirmation from the Ministry of Interior. I will follow-up with them but if i'll get no answer, after all the stories I heard, I will not take the Mavic with me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato