DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

JPEG + RAW

Triple r

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 pro. I am using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 74GB U3. When I select JPEG+Raw, I am not getting both JPEG and Raw files recorded on the SD Card. I am using a Apple USB-C card reader but only seeing one Raw file. I tried resetting the camera in the DJI go 4 app and reformatted the card multiple times. I double checked and I did see that JPEG+Raw is selected. Any suggestions?

I am using a Apple USB-C card reader but only seeing one Raw file. I tried resetting the camera in the DJI go 4 app and reformatted the card multiple times.
I double checked and I did see that JPEG+Raw is selected. Any suggestions?
There aren't any tricks .. your files should be there on the card.
You don't say what you are using to view the contents of the card.
What files are you seeing on the card
If you just use a basic file manager you should see this:
FM.jpg

Reactions: Johnmcl7
This is exactly what I see in file manager too. The only difference is that I tend to plug the drone into my PC via a USB C lead. I think it makes for a faster file transfer, and less faffing around with taking the card out, putting it in the reader, plugging the reader in, unplugging the reader, take card out and put card back in drone.

But if you use a card reader (as I do in the field on a tablet) you should see the same. My card reader is a cheap one, but works fine. Mabe try plugging the drone directly into the pC or try a different card reader. I've never got the direct transfer to work on a tablet (android or ipad) hence card reader.

The only difference is that I tend to plug the drone into my PC via a USB C lead.
I think it makes for a faster file transfer, and less faffing around with taking the card out, putting it in the reader, plugging the reader in, unplugging the reader, take card out and put card back in drone.
Umm .. it's faster and simpler to pop the card, put in in the computer and copy the files across.
And lost less faffing around.

Umm .. it's faster and simpler to pop the card, put in in the computer and copy the files across.
And lost less faffing around.

Thankyou. As it turns out, I can view the two copies via SD card reader and PC desktop. When I plug the SD into the Apple dongle, Photos Import only shows one copy but if I use third party software like LumaFusion or Affinity Photo- the two copies are visible.

Perhaps if that dongle is attached to an iPad the raw file is not loaded into Photos. I’m not sure Photos manages or edits Raw files. LightRoom on the iPad may work with Raw Format.

It is a problem with your software, not the SD card. Use the ones that recognize both. Lightroom is an excellent program, recognized both, and runs on both PC and Mac.

Note that DJI’s “dng” is not really a raw file pre-debayering, but rather a TIFF file post-debayering in a dng wrapper. You will not get the editing flexibility that an actual raw file provides.

I drag and drop my day’s shooting (jpeg +RAW) from the SD card by drag:drop the day’s whole containing folder.... do this directly from the card inserted in the built in factory SD card reader on my iMac. Allows me to “pre-edit” and delete undesireable images.

I have 2 cards so when I pop 1 out to download, I put the other back into the AC just to ensure I don't forget to have a card in the drone next time I go out. I don't see why you would want to download it through the drone, it seems to me to be a lot more of a PITA to unfold the arms, take off the gimbal lock, find the right cord from AC to computer power it up and mount it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake