DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy monitor image

Courtervideo

Reactions
Tried to film a piece of waterfront property we are selling, taking off and landing on boat. Mavic tested perfectly before and after the shoot but the monitor image was constantly freezing when flying from the boat, even after a few complete re-boots. Any ideas?

Yeah, I had the same problem. There's an error message that shows up, isn't there? I run the app on an older ipad Mini 2 with just 16gb. Thought it was too small, but it turns out that I had too much stuff running in the background. Go to your Settings and find where it's running stuff in the background and switch off as much as you can. I had 4 or 5 things with background refresh and turned those off and flights went back to normal. No more glitches. Hope that helps.

Yeah, I had the same problem. There's an error message that shows up, isn't there? I run the app on an older ipad Mini 2 with just 16gb. Thought it was too small, but it turns out that I had too much stuff running in the background. Go to your Settings and find where it's running stuff in the background and switch off as much as you can. I had 4 or 5 things with background refresh and turned those off and flights went back to normal. No more glitches. Hope that helps.

Many thanks. I didn't see the error message but am using an iPad mini with 16 gigs. Will do as you suggest.

Been having the same problem, but flying on Android 7.1.1 Originally thought it was just a bad feed on my live view, but i've just recently uploaded and sorted through my pics/vids and my videos jump all over the place. Any suggestions?

Been having the same problem, but flying on Android 7.1.1 Originally thought it was just a bad feed on my live view, but i've just recently uploaded and sorted through my pics/vids and my videos jump all over the place. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you mean jumping during playback. Mine was jumping during shooting. I did some recording anyway, and it plays back fine on my computer, but it is nearly impossible to frame and shoot with the intermittent monitor picture.

Sounds like you mean jumping during playback. Mine was jumping during shooting. I did some recording anyway, and it plays back fine on my computer, but it is nearly impossible to frame and shoot with the intermittent monitor picture.

I am getting both. Originally I just thought it would be jumping during the live feed, but I found out today that it was recording the same way!

I had a chance to fly through 4 more batteries and no more glitching. It appears at least for the ipad mini 2 that it was the background refreshing too many apps that was using up so much CPU that caused the glitch. Not sure if there's a way to adjust the same thing on an android, but worth a shot hopefully.

I had a chance to fly through 4 more batteries and no more glitching. It appears at least for the ipad mini 2 that it was the background refreshing too many apps that was using up so much CPU that caused the glitch. Not sure if there's a way to adjust the same thing on an android, but worth a shot hopefully.

I closed all of the open apps on the iPad before flying today and all went well. Hopefully this will have been the problem. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair