DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a thought about using tablets that aren’t compatible or on a budget

DrizzyDrones

Reactions
Ok so i use an iPhone 6s with the mini and personally its all I need. Really cheap to get and dirt cheap when they have a very weak battery.. brand new battery replacement is 40$ At local screen repair store.. some people want tablet instead of phone and i was watching videos on my android tablet zte k81 ( has sim slot ) fly app isn’t compatible with it ..what do you think about mirroring the iPhone screen to the tablet lol I wouldn’t bother probably but i have a case that would allow phone to mount on tablet (Side by side ) because you will still have to use the phone for touch inputs but if its just about the screen size it would work and honestly I try to use the controller buttons to do as much as possible during flight I find it easier to hit the controller button rather than the screen. I was thinking out loud and only thought about the touch screen stuff as i got to typing at first i was thinking strap phone to back of tablet and use tablet Screen with with phone connected to controller.. essentially I just wasted mine and your time aha sorry ???? carry on

it also could be perfect if you want someone nearby see what you see on phone screen, but there are 2 concerns: 1. can phone handle tha DJI-FLY and streaming simultanesly? 2. is it feasible to have your wifi open and work in full power while flying?

Wouldn’t it be possible to mirror via Bluetooth.

i dont know but BT in CE is also on 2.4ghz.. (the "strong" band for us). I had same thoughts trying to find a way to use MM in search & rescue operations. I searching for android tablets with HDMI output now. Maybe it is a solution, dont really know yet.

I've used an inexpensive Winnova T10, 10" android tablet with an HDMI output. Here's a LINK to one on Amazon.ca. My intent is to use it with HDI goggles. Haven't purchased the goggles yet but have tested the T10 output with a 7" HDMI monitor.

Reactions: PanX
Ok so i use an iPhone 6s with the mini and personally its all I need. Really cheap to get and dirt cheap when they have a very weak battery.. brand new battery replacement is 40$ At local screen repair store.. some people want tablet instead of phone and i was watching videos on my android tablet zte k81 ( has sim slot ) fly app isn’t compatible with it ..what do you think about mirroring the iPhone screen to the tablet lol I wouldn’t bother probably but i have a case that would allow phone to mount on tablet (Side by side ) because you will still have to use the phone for touch inputs but if its just about the screen size it would work and honestly I try to use the controller buttons to do as much as possible during flight I find it easier to hit the controller button rather than the screen. I was thinking out loud and only thought about the touch screen stuff as i got to typing at first i was thinking strap phone to back of tablet and use tablet Screen with with phone connected to controller.. essentially I just wasted mine and your time aha sorry ???? carry on

If I understand your problem correctly, you might be able to use something like a VNC viewer/server to mirror the iPhone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji