DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought a new battery - how do I install the latest firmware on it?

TrayBoz

Reactions
I understand that each battery has specific settings stored IN THE BATTERY, like the number of days until discharge.

I just bought another new spare battery. I have flown with it once with no problems, no Firmware Update alerts.
Is there something I need to do to make sure that the battery itself is up-to-date with the latest firmware?
Is there something I need to do to make sure that ALL of my batteries are up-to-date?

Love my Mavic in Dallas.

I understand that each battery has specific settings stored IN THE BATTERY, like the number of days until discharge.

I just bought another new spare battery. I have flown with it once with no problems, no Firmware Update alerts.
Is there something I need to do to make sure that the battery itself is up-to-date with the latest firmware?
Is there something I need to do to make sure that ALL of my batteries are up-to-date?

Love my Mavic in Dallas.[/QUOTE

You do not have to update firmware in batteries, just the controller and the mavic itself....Charge it and you are good to go.

If the battery firmware needs to be updated, you'll see an "inconsistent firmware" message on the home screen of DJI GO (before entering the camera view). If no message is displayed there, then your battery firmware is up to date.

I think they are updated automatically when they're connected to a mavic and controller with the newer firmware. All you need to do is set your preferred days to battery discharge while the new battery is fitted and everything is turned on.

I think they are updated automatically when they're connected to a mavic and controller with the newer firmware.
None of the Mavic firmware is ever installed automatically. You must always choose to install it.

I didn't know that about batteries - I updated my mavic to .500 (from .400) when I got it and wasn't prompted for anything when I fitted the other 2 batteries subsequently. Do I need to do something to install new firmware on them, or is it just that there was no change in the battery firmware between .400 and .500 ?

If you don't see the prompt, then they are already running the latest battery firmware. DJI does not make battery changes in every firmware release.

Reactions: Haucke
If the battery firmware needs to be updated, you'll see an "inconsistent firmware" message on the home screen of DJI GO (before entering the camera view). If no message is displayed there, then your battery firmware is up to date.
And if the message is displayed, how do you update the battery firmware?

I didn't know that about batteries - I updated my mavic to .500 (from .400) when I got it and wasn't prompted for anything when I fitted the other 2 batteries subsequently. Do I need to do something to install new firmware on them, or is it just that there was no change in the battery firmware between .400 and .500 ?

There is no update in battery firmware between .400 and .500

The best method IMO is to turn on the controller and the Mavic as usual to allow them to connect then open DJI Assistant 2 on your computer and then plug the controller into the computer . Assistant will read the firmware on all devices and put a list up showing what version is on the devices and if there is an upgrade . You just need to reboot the Mavic after each upgrade or downgrade then power off to install the next battery and do the same . I've never had any luck upgrading through the mobile device and DJIGo4 app . The Mavic seems to interfere with the mobile devices Wifi and it fails . In fact the last update I had to move my laptop into the same room as the Wifi router because it kept losing internet when I switched on the Mavic .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada