DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought my Mavic Mini and can't get the controller to link up with the drone.

zpzimm

Reactions
This is my first drone. Yesterday I went through the process of updating the firmware to the controller and drone and they linked up....camera came on etc. That's all I did as I didn't have time to fool with it. Now when I start up the controller and drone they don't communicate. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty drone.

I've never even gotten the opportunity to get the thing off of the ground.

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Lots of you tube videos, dont be in a hurry, study first or you will crash
Or worst things comes, would fly away. These drone looks like a toy but it ia a very capable and powelful tool for photography and video. Take time to watch videos, take notes and read a lot. Learn from the mistakes of others so that it wont happen to you. You will enjoy it Im sure. Patience is the key.

Reactions: scooot
This is my first drone. Yesterday I went through the process of updating the firmware to the controller and drone and they linked up....camera came on etc. That's all I did as I didn't have time to fool with it. Now when I start up the controller and drone they don't communicate. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty drone.

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Got this Mavic Mini for Christmas. I set it up with iPhone and Ipad. First flight could not lock onto GPS. Had it on for 40 minutes and still no lock onto GPS. On second day of use I could not get iPhone or iPad to communicate with controller. Manual mode with controller works with drone. I work on aircraft simulators for 10 years. I am electronic Eng/Tech. I know connectors. Next day I look at the three short cables that was furnished with unit. Notice that iPhone has different plug compare to the other two cables that plugs into the controller. iPhone cable has the pins overlay to the edge and other two cables has no overlay(photos). On top of connectors(where to locking pins are located), most mfgs will mark them to identified was type of connector it is. There is two indents between the locking pins. The iPhone cable indent is spread apart more compare to the other two cables. I believe what happen is that when I plug this cable in, that it did connect onto the controller female plug, but in the process it damage the controller plug. Then when I pull the plug out, the connection then open and when plug was push in again, the connector pins were damage on controller side. I notice how hard to push connector in the first time. Here pictures of the connectors and the controller. I hope this will help others out there. These connectors need to be in spec. You cannot be out tolerance on these small connectors.
IMGP1009.JPGIMGP1023.JPG

I must say that I LOVE this drone! I took it to the park and "ran the bases" with it to try to get used to the controls. Slow and easy...

Then 2 days ago I took it to the drilling rig and flew around it getting some GREAT shots. The only hiccup, which could have been major, is when the battery got down to 20% it went into return to home mode. I couldn't see the drone, so I thought it had flown into the abyss. I just concentrated on the ipad mini screen to get my bearings and was able to fly it back to me with 2% battery left to go. It was cold that morning, so I'm sure that was the issue as to why the batter drained so fast at the end. From this point on, if I get below 40%, I'm heading home.

Now a question.... I had 15 minutes of video, which is a HUGE file. What does everyone use for an editor to process this video? I'm very new to this..... I was able to post a snippet to skypixel...but I don't guess you can save that video to forward to others.

Here is the video....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ