DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just checked out of the DJI store, ordered the combo...

davidkmcw

Reactions
Kinda scared, it's a chunk of change to put down but an awesome device.

So now what do I do?

1) Get insurance

2) Download and read the manuals

3) Find a nice open space for the first few flights, which, I assume, will be nice and low, slow (tripod mode?)

Anything else?

heading to New Zealand in May and want to take it with me.

Slainte,

David

I watched a lot of first flight videos and videos series focusing on the different intelligent flight modes. Surprisingly I did read the manual while waiting on my drone to arrive. I also find the manual more useful once you have the Mavic in hand. The DJI software is well thought out, but the manual makes for a good quick reference guide when familiarizing your self with the many onscreen menus.

I purchased the DJI Refresh and insured the Mavic under my State Farm policy.

Happy flying.

Low is not always best. More things to crash into low. Slow yes, but that won't last long. Soon you will want to crank it up after getting used to controls.

I watched a lot of first flight videos and videos series focusing on the different intelligent flight modes. Surprisingly I did read the manual while waiting on my drone to arrive. I also find the manual more useful once you have the Mavic in hand. The DJI software is well thought out, but the manual makes for a good quick reference guide when familiarizing your self with the many onscreen menus.

I purchased the DJI Refresh and insured the Mavic under my State Farm policy.

Happy flying.

I'm curious, what does DJI Refresh do for you that an insurance policy doesn't?

I'm curious, what does DJI Refresh do for you that an insurance policy doesn't?

My understanding is they will try and refurbish the unit or replace the unit if they feel that is the best course of action. There is a deductible of $87 and DJI will replace the unit twice. Now if the cost of repair is $150 you may wish to pay this yourself and wait to use the Refresh on a costlier repair. State Farm I assume will pay the cost of repair/replacement based on the cost from DJI.

Also insurance will cover if the drone fly's away and you are not able to recover it they will replace it. Refresh you have to have the drone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Also insurance will cover if the drone fly's away and you are not able to recover it they will replace it. Refresh you have to have the drone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

That is good to know, I plan on taking the Mavic fishing and I have worried about that potential of a water loss.

So now what do I do?
Anything else?

Play with the simulator for a while until you are bored.

Where is the simulator? In the DJI Go 4 app.

Download the app to your smart phone or tablet. Open the app and in the upper right hand corner click and select Academy. Then at bottom left select Flight Simulator. This requires that your smart phone or tablet be connected to your controller and that the Mavic is running. (Remove the propellers.)

Watch everything you can on the mavic. Even the bad ones so you can learn from their mistakes.

And remember to recalibrate the compass when you are travelling far away from your usual area of flying, I.e.>200 miles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N