DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just destroyed my mavic Air

Reactions
IMG_20191208_130239.jpg

Guys, I did not spot the ******* trees, and flew 55km/hour right in to it's Death. Feeling a little grief and sorrow, but I'll get over IT. I have dji Care. And wondered how thats been working for you Guys with similar accidents. Is it a hard processof getting a New one? Are they being difficult?

Reactions: Prismatic
Ouch! I am sure that hurt. But if you have DJI Care (and you say do), and you have recovered the drone (which you obviously have), you will only have to suffer the inconvenience of being without a drone for a mere week; plus paying the deductible whatever amount that is. I am going by what I have read on this forum though, and I don't have a personal experience with how the process works. Others may enlighten you better on that.

Reactions: NORDIC-Phantom
I feel your pain. I backed my first Mav Air into the face of a cliff in Utah. Pretty much at full throttle. Long story, and a longer hike to recover the corpse.
The exchange was easy, perhaps in part because I confessed to pilot error, and did not request an analysis of the flight.

View attachment 87628

Guys, I did not spot the ******* trees, and flew 55km/hour right in to it's Death. Feeling a little grief and sorrow, but I'll get over IT. I have dji Care. And wondered how thats been working for you Guys with similar accidents. Is it a hard processof getting a New one? Are they being difficult?
Sorry for your loss but care refresh works every time no problem but it does take 2 to 3 weeks so you will need to buy a back up drone if you’re like me?

Reactions: Mavic Air Head
Ouch! I am sure that hurt. But if you have DJI Care (and you say do), and you have recovered the drone (which you obviously have), you will only have to suffer the inconvenience of being without a drone for a mere week; plus paying the deductible whatever amount that is. I am going by what I have read on this forum though, and I don't have a personal experience with how the process works. Others may enlighten you better on that.
REST ASSURED!!! I just went through the same exact process in October. I crashed my Mavic Air on my trip to Madagascar in September. Luckily, my guide and driver found it. The right front sensor was damaged but I was still able to fly it for the rest of the trip. When I got home I communicated with DJI. I had DJI Refresh and it was actually due to expire soon but still in effect. I got instructions how to ship it to their Houston facility, and I had a new Mavic Air with different serial number within about a week. You will still have one more repair/freplacement remaining. There is a deductible fee, but it's nominal ?I think about $80 USD but certainly worth more than buying a new drone.Once the payment is registered on your account they proceed with the repair. They keep you closely informed with daily e-mails of the progress of the repair/replacement, and shipping details back to you. They were great as far as my recent experience proves.

Reactions: NORDIC-Phantom
I crashed my MA into a wall during a vacation to Colombia. As soon as I got back I started a claim with dji through their web page and within 24 hrs I got an email with very easy instructions on how proceed with the claim, including an attachment with a shipping label. In a little over a week, I received a new drone, no questions asked and wasn’t charged a deductible. Great customer service experience!!!

I crashed my MA into a wall during a vacation to Colombia. As soon as I got back I started a claim with dji through their web page and within 24 hrs I got an email with very easy instructions on how proceed with the claim, including an attachment with a shipping label. In a little over a week, I received a new drone, no questions asked and wasn’t charged a deductible. Great customer service experience!!!
Great!!! My experience was identical with the exception of a $80 or so deductible. I continue to place my faith in DJI Refresh and have purchased it along with my new Mavic 2 Pro on Black Friday. Unfortunately, no Black Friday deal on the DJI Refresh.

How did they not charge a deductible? Unless it was a warranty claim?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys