DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just getting the time in

mikeroycollins

Reactions
Getting some flying time in and building the confidence level up as I get settled in with my Mavic.

Reactions: Pedro
Not sure I've got enough confidence to fly over water yet but will try this weekend, nice one Mike.. :)

Reactions: mikeroycollins
The first time, and perhaps the second or third are the hardest. Just take small steps to get your confidence up, and enjoy the rewards. :)

Reactions: Pedro
Curious if you use any specific techniques (height?) or settings when flying over water since the manual gives some precautions about the forward and downward vision systems and water? I saw a video where someone was flying along/over a river, and did some panning and ran into a branch dumping it.

I was flying at around 30 metres, and you go need to know what is around you. I start normally with an overfly to scope out the surroundings and to get an idea for the shot I want
That way when you actually do the real shot, you know what your looking at and where your going. With the Mavic, the manual does give you some do's and don't 's, and stick to them, they are there for a reason. Don't rely on the VPS to keep you safe and out of the water, and know where you are.

Last edited:
I think I have seen the video you refer to, and I think it shows that although the VPS does a good job, but, it only works in the direction it's looking, so effectively flying sideways, your going to hit something :).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nope all done just with the controller. Lag was an issue so looking forward to repeating this in the spring with the Mavic.

Respect to you then.. Thumbswayup She got pretty close to the water at one point! Fantastic skills..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost