DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got mav back from repair and it's doing some weird things.

gixxerbill

Reactions
The mav lost control only 100 yards away and crashed into a tree. Sent it off for repair and of couse dji blamed me. But anyway I had to sinc it my controller and reregister it. Took off very slowly and then when I switch to sport it didn't go any faster. (yes I enabled muti flight mode). I had a range set of 2 miles and it would only go mabey 40 yards away and then it said "max range achieved". Anybody got any suggestions?

Anybody got any suggestions?
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

i'll try to figure that out. But I just wonder why the sport mode isn't working? it says sport mode on the controller? And max range? ( i have never even heard of that except for the stupid beginner mode)

Sounds like you might be limited due to the login issue or the app version possibly needing updated. You might have to reinstall the app and/or redo sign-in. What are your firmware and app versions?

Sounds like you might be limited due to the login issue or the app version possibly needing updated. You might have to reinstall the app and/or redo sign-in. What are your firmware and app versions?
you might be right I try not to update as much as possible. maybe that big old corporation got me after the repair. Ill try that tonight thanks man.

you might be right I try not to update as much as possible. maybe that big old corporation got me after the repair. Ill try that tonight thanks man.
Also make sure you're in GPS or vis mode. I remember if it's not in either, I believe your speed is limited

Sometimes I am so tempted to just say, "RTFM."
well that would be a waste of both our times now wouldn't it? Why even post here? You should just read the freak'n manual. Why do we even have this site after all we have the freak'n manual.

btw I didn't read the manual before and the sport mode worked fine why should I have to read it after the repair center fixes it?

and btw I hate reading that boring crap I just watch youtube videos for what I need to learn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Masheen
Toggle Beginner mode on and off - maybe software glitch thinks still in beginner mode?

btw I didn't read the manual before and the sport mode worked fine why should I have to read it after the repair center fixes it?
Because every new version changes things, and you need to redocument yourself before and after every update to see what did and what implications it has on you.

I believe when you send it in for repair they automatically update to latest fw before they do anything. I would update the app to latest and make sure you're logged in. It sounds like the recent 'if you're not logged in you can't fly very far' issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett