DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got my first drone... the Mavic Air!

Maverik

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I just took hold of my new Mavic Air, after a successful small flight in my garden, i took it to the New forest, in Bournemouth uk, open planes for miles!! Absolutely love this drone. I noticed when i got home that the footage was jumpy whenever the drone got back to me, so every shot im in, it was choppy..... (que thats because your ugly jokes! )

Im using an ebay 128GB card, am i right in thinking this may be the issue? or why would it be choppy only when im in the frame? its strange.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, if anyone is local to me, feel free to get in touch and we can go fly sometime.

Joey

Can I be the first to congratulate you on your user name. Why didn’t I think of that? [emoji3]

Welcome to the forum. I can’t help you with your choppy video. Most of us are Pro users at the moment. But I’m sure you’ll receive plenty of advice before long.

Hi everyone,

I just took hold of my new Mavic Air, after a successful small flight in my garden, i took it to the New forest, in Bournemouth uk, open planes for miles!! Absolutely love this drone. I noticed when i got home that the footage was jumpy whenever the drone got back to me, so every shot im in, it was choppy..... (que thats because your ugly jokes! )

Im using an ebay 128GB card, am i right in thinking this may be the issue? or why would it be choppy only when im in the frame? its strange.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, if anyone is local to me, feel free to get in touch and we can go fly sometime.

Joey

probably the card. You should try testing the video against the internal memory first. If it works, its the card. The Air has a 100mb rate, as opposed to the 60mb rate of the Pro. So 100/8 = 12.5MB/Sec, this is the sustained speed you need, and while it seems low by todays standards, you should get a card that is at least a U3 rating to avoid frame drops, which you might be seeing as choppy.

Could also be a counterfeit card. Extremely common on eBay and there are plenty of posts and tutorial on finding that out or checking it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica