DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got my m2p looking at huawei tablet, advice please

Nick-su

Reactions
Having just got my first drone, m2p and used my note9 I realise that a nice size tablet would really make a difference
So using dji go 4, I assume 32 or 64 bit os?
I'm looking at m3 or m5, I think the T range are underpowered?
So what size?
And mounts, screen above controller or below?
Any idea what the mount is in attached pic? (I found pic here)
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-130546_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-130546_Firefox.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 41
I'm looking at m3 or m5
So what size?
I've used the M3 and M5 for a few years and can confirm both are outstanding as flying tablets.
Their new M6 should also be great (but more expensive)
Size is a personal choice but I think the 8 inch is just right.
The 10 inch means you have a big and weightier load in your hands.

Ive used M3 and M5, all work perfectly. Very good devices.
The only thing with a newer device - it might not have google play services due to the trump embargo so check that first.

Ive used M3 and M5, all work perfectly. Very good devices.
The only thing with a newer device - it might not have google play services due to the trump embargo so check that first.
I'm in the UK so not sure that is a problem
Is the "m5 10inch lite" ok
If no play store I assume side loading is still an option

I'm in the UK so not sure that is a problem
Is the "m5 10inch lite" ok
If no play store I assume side loading is still an option

Its global, Google software is amerian so not allowed on the devices. But thats newer devices than the embargo so not sure it affects the tablets.

On SOME you could side load, on others you couldnt. The M3/M5s are pre-ban so all ok. Anything newer you might want to check.

Huawei makes very good hardware though The tablets are great. Probably the best android tablet hardware (out of admittedly a tiny market).

Reactions: Johnmcl7
M3, 8''', Android 4.4 and above; Google services are not important if you just use it for flying, you ONLY need DJI Go4 and that's it. In a year or two it will be old tech anyway and you're gonna want to buy something else, as always.

Check this link:

Reactions: Nick-su
Depends if you want a device with a great screen optimised for flying OR if you want a tablet that although not optimal for flying will do an OK job but can also be used for other tasks.
Ive got and use both depending on circumstances.

Depends if you want a device with a great screen optimised for flying OR if you want a tablet that although not optimal for flying will do an OK job but can also be used for other tasks.
Agreed, I'd like a ferrari, can't afford one though
I've always said, research your subject and buy the best you can afford. Often this is best matched with buying second hand
Thanks for the input, always welcome and helps me decide

Reactions: pelagic_one

Personally if the tablet had cost £600 and the smart controller £200 I'd have still bought the tablet even if I could only use it with the drone (which was my original intention), I used to fly my drone with a 5.7in screen and I found it far too small whereas I find the larger tablet screen much better especially given how crowded the DJI Go interface is.

I'm not saying everyone should buy tablets and no-one should buy smart controllers, it depends on what people want from the device but I think it's wrong to rubbish tablets as an inferior device given there are advantages and disadvantages to both even putting price aside.

Depends on use, i went from an 8" screen down to the SC and yes its smaller BUT the key for me is the tablet is all but invisible in tropical sun whereas the SC, although not great, is substantially better in that i can make out details on the screen.
As i said, ive got and use both (and sometimes my Pixel 2 phone). In northern europe a tablet for me is OK, the bigger screen is nice (but the increased setup time is annoying) whereas in the tropics the SC wins purely because i can see it better.

Depends on use, i went from an 8" screen down to the SC and yes its smaller BUT the key for me is the tablet is all but invisible in tropical sun whereas the SC, although not great, is substantially better in that i can make out details on the screen.
As i said, ive got and use both (and sometimes my Pixel 2 phone). In northern europe a tablet for me is OK, the bigger screen is nice (but the increased setup time is annoying) whereas in the tropics the SC wins purely because i can see it better.
well your lucky enough to have sunshine as a problem, im in the uk so i suppose i should be looking at showerproof as a feature ;)

If you get a SECONDHAND ipad mini form amazon [£150] it will actually fit into the mavic2 pro controller and for the price its a very cost effective way of getting a big screen without any hassle
It works very well for me

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 20
Having just got my first drone, m2p and used my note9 I realise that a nice size tablet would really make a difference
So what size?
Thanks in advance
I have a Huwawi m5 MediaPad 10.8" I use this tablet for all of my DJI Drones. This tablet has an excellent display. Never have any issues. Would recommend the Huwawi Tablet for use with DJI Drones.

So what size?
Thanks in advance
I use the 8in m5 and I'm really happy with it, the only issue I have is that I can't connect using the full sized usb on the bottom of the controller, I have to use the micro usb on the side like I would with a phone. The problem with that is that the included cable isn't long enough, but they're easy enough to find on Amazon.

So what size?
Thanks in advance
Is the black box mounted on the controller part of the display mount?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest