DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got my wings

Welcome to the forum.

My biggest suggestion is to NOT push it's limits in terms of distance and WIND!! Way too many losses (they call em fly aways but it's almost always pilot error).

Enjoy and fly safe!

Allen

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Don't see the need of engine protectors, gimbal protectors and landing gear. They add up weight and (If it's legal to fly above 295 grams) check if you are allowed to fly un- registered. With the Mini always be aware of strong winds.

welcome to the forum and as @Drone Rudy said if you are flying with all that stuff on you need to register your drone

Don't see the need of engine protectors, gimbal protectors and landing gear. They add up weight and (If it's legal to fly above 295 grams) check if you are allowed to fly un- registered. With the Mini always be aware of strong winds.
Yeah the wind ? It was a calm sunny day out the other day no wind to speak of. Was hovering about 15m up filming a young Hawk on a lim. My Mavic was only 200 feet away when out of no were I lost signal, video feed went down and a gust of wind out of nowhere scooped the Mini up and away it went 1/4 mile down the road into a tree. Tumbling amongst the branches until it finally came to ground. I had to use find my drone with the beeper on to locate it. The ? WIND! Can be very troublesome to these small light weight Drones. 64D178C0-D7D4-4AF9-8D63-4A1793D21D51.jpeg
I have the insurance and already have a replacement lined up.

Welcome to the forum.

My biggest suggestion is to NOT push it's limits in terms of distance and WIND!! Way too many losses (they call em fly aways but it's almost always pilot error).

Enjoy and fly safe!

Allen
Yeah, not looking to go further or higher. More along the lines of power, speed, payload, ECT. Even at a cost of some flight time.

Our regulations here in the US are a bit less restrictive. But I have registered it even though not required to her at the Mini’s size

Reactions: Thomas B
Our regulations here in the US are a bit less restrictive. But I have registered it even though not required to her at the Mini’s size
actually my friend its not size but weight that matters and fitting aftermarket extras will take you over the 250g limit and dont forget you still need to abide by the FAA rules on drone use

Ouch sorry for the loss and welcome to the forum.Good thing you had the insurance. Have seen the mini handle some good wind gusts myself but have heard many of stories of some just not taking it so well. Hope the replacement last longer for you!

Reactions: Jason H
Yeah the wind ? It was a calm sunny day out the other day no wind to speak of. Was hovering about 15m up filming a young Hawk on a lim. My Mavic was only 200 feet away when out of no were I lost signal, video feed went down and a gust of wind out of nowhere scooped the Mini up and away it went 1/4 mile down the road into a tree. Tumbling amongst the branches until it finally came to ground. I had to use find my drone with the beeper on to locate it. The ? WIND! Can be very troublesome to these small light weight Drones. View attachment 92603
I have the insurance and already have a replacement lined up.

Oh geez ..! At first I thought that you managed to smack it up between you first post 3:10 PM & your second at 4:26 PM :oops::D

Ouch, you seriously crashed it :oops:. You have the drone so you can check out what exactly happened ;-)
It lost signal for a couple of seconds and a gust of wind happen to come at the exact same time and took it down the street into a tree. DJI said a GPS failure contributed to crash.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi, names Jason. Picked up a Mavic Mini the first of January, loving it so far. Looking to really push it to its limits. Upgrades, Hacks, any performance tips would be great. View attachment 92600
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Jason H
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest