DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just like fixed wing flying.

DesG

Reactions
I took my Mavix pro out on my dog walk yesterday to get a bit of manual flying practice in in sport mode. (you never know when you might need it!) Once I got the hang of steering it with the left stick and not the ailerons it was great fun. 3 batteries and a bored dog later the pub was open and I had to go for a pint. The flight log looks like a ball of string the cat's been playing with. I haven't figured out how to loop or roll yet and inverted flight is
proving rather problematic !!

thumbnail.jpg

Look up sar104’s instructions on enabling ATTI mode. That will give a better sense of how she handles when you loose GPS...

Funny thing, if you are turning with just yaw, then you are 'skidding' on the turns. A proper coordinated turn with a multirotor requires the use of the proper amount of yaw and roll at the same time (and throttle too, but the altitude hold function will take care of that). A coordinated turn is harder with a multrotor than with a fixed wing aircraft.

I learned that trick on a video teaching on how to reorient with the cheaper drones. I was flying a Syma at the time which doesn't even have height hold, let alone GPS. Valuable lesson and really the easiest way to fly.

I've done some yaw and roll coordinated turns, even anti-coordinated turns (roll opposite yaw) with my P3. Pretty interesting. Yaw does most of the work thanks to GPS and IMU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11