DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just lost a ton of respect for DJI

Humanparody

Reactions
So about 3 weeks ago I sent DJI a battery (20 charges) with a bad cell for replacement under warranty. It happens, I get it. Aside from the inconvenience of being without the battery, the process was pretty painless.

So today I finally received my replacement battery. It was used, different serial number than the one I sent them. Not sure how I feel about that but if the charge count is similar, fair enough. Well I'd love to see how many charges this battery has on it but this used battery won't even charge. A couple of blinks that aren't even remotely in the error code realm or decipherable by the interwebz but the one code that is loud and clear is the charging hub changing from green to solid red.

They sent me some other guy's problem battery and his problem was even worse than mine!

So once AGAIN I have to ship them back my battery and wait ANOTHER 3 weeks for my questionable replacement. I'm not a pessimist by nature and it takes a lot to piss me off but I have to say that tonight I am pessimistic and ROYALLY pissed off. It's one thing to send me back a battery that *appears* to be okay and have it fail soon after. It's something else entirely to ship me a battery that was was DOA before you even placed it in the box. And they knew it was DOA because this is a battery that someone sent them to fix. I can't help but wonder what they have in store for me this time. A battery with 300 charges? Maybe one that is all beaten up around the seams from where they pried it open and barely snaps in the Mavic? I'd give them points for creativity if they sent me back the same DOA battery. Okay, done venting.

That's pretty bad customer service, I would think they would have sent you a new one. There is one upside, if that replacement battery had failed in flight, that could have been a catastrophe, so better it failed now than when you were using it.

Reactions: Humanparody
So about 3 weeks ago I sent DJI a battery (20 charges) with a bad cell for replacement under warranty. It happens, I get it. Aside from the inconvenience of being without the battery, the process was pretty painless.

So today I finally received my replacement battery. It was used, different serial number than the one I sent them. Not sure how I feel about that but if the charge count is similar, fair enough. Well I'd love to see how many charges this battery has on it but this used battery won't even charge. A couple of blinks that aren't even remotely in the error code realm or decipherable by the interwebz but the one code that is loud and clear is the charging hub changing from green to solid red.

They sent me some other guy's problem battery and his problem was even worse than mine!

So once AGAIN I have to ship them back my battery and wait ANOTHER 3 weeks for my questionable replacement. I'm not a pessimist by nature and it takes a lot to piss me off but I have to say that tonight I am pessimistic and ROYALLY pissed off. It's one thing to send me back a battery that *appears* to be okay and have it fail soon after. It's something else entirely to ship me a battery that was was DOA before you even placed it in the box. And they knew it was DOA because this is a battery that someone sent them to fix. I can't help but wonder what they have in store for me this time. A battery with 300 charges? Maybe one that is all beaten up around the seams from where they pried it open and barely snaps in the Mavic? I'd give them points for creativity if they sent me back the same DOA battery. Okay, done venting.

Unfortunately, DJI's costumer server is still the WROST in the industry..They build the best drones out there but that's it. They promptly forget about the customer after the sale with excuse after excuse and pre-typed replies. After all that, I still buy there products but a time will come when I dump them altogether. Do you know how many people are just chomping at the bit for a new strong player to come along. DJI will soon see the American Market jump ship when a new player comes along and yes, there coming..Bidding my time!

True, it could have been much worse, but I'm seriously going to be leery if they send me back another used battery given that they literally boxed up a battery that was so catastrophically failed that they couldn't even test it to see if it might fail on me in flight.

Unfortunately, DJI's costumer server is still the WROST in the industry..They build the best drones out there but that's it. They promptly forget about the customer after the sale with excuse after excuse and pre-typed replies. After all that, I still buy there products but a time will come when I dump them altogether. Do you know how many people are just chomping at the bit for a new strong player to come along. DJI will soon see the American Market jump ship when a new player comes along and yes, there coming..Bidding my time!

Ironically I had read so many stories about how DJI service was terrible and up until this afternoon I would have jumped in to defend them. Their products, when they work, are top notch. I've had all the growing pains that everyone else has and I put up with them because it's software and it's hardware and there's always going to be glitches.

But this...I can't even begin to wrap my head around this.

I can relate :(
Sent my RC and battery for my P4 explaining why both were sent in.

The battery was so loose in the P4 compartment that I was concerned that it would dislodge when flying.
Got the RC back no problem and fixed, but the original battery was sent back with an email note stating it was OK!

Several emails later, I sent the battery back,at my own expense, for replacement. The emails that I have sent to DJI aren't read properly and I can only assume it must be the sheer volume of repair/ warranty work that DJI receive, which may also indicate that the available staff in the repair/claims/warranty department (s) are insufficient.

I hope you get the correct support you need, good luck!

Yep. Their competitors are sitting back watching, learning and reverse engineering. It won't be long before there is a serious competitor to DJI and the beloved Mavic. I for one will be waiting with my wallet.

Companies fall down on service, sometimes badly. So far my Mavic and spare battery are working fine, and my one call to customer service was courteous and pretty clueless.

Technical experts don't grow on trees, and often a smart and well-informed customer knows more than the support person - just the way it is. We have to help each other in forums like this one. I have been very impressed with the expertise I see here, particularly with interpreting flight logs. This board is a great resource.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC