DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered 2 ARC II lights with mounts

TedShred

Reactions
I'm going to see if they help with VLOS in the daytime.

It's recommended two on the front.
I chose white.

Can't wait to try them out.
I figure if I loose sight and/or video feed I can spin it until I see it facing me.
Screenshot_20190401-201525_Chrome.jpeg

I'm looking at these, not easy to get outside the US, and shipping looks pricey.
The 4 leds would be pretty good, and they do a 2 white, 1 green, 1 red package too.
Really do like those angled mounts, they'd be needed I reckon to avoid any problems with light strobing towards the camera.

Reactions: TedShred

I chose white.

I figure if I loose sight and/or video feed I can spin it until I see it facing me.
View attachment 68065

I have the much simpler Strobon single lights and they do help me in daylight. I find them especially helpful when flying below a somewhat distant tree line where the gray drone just disappears into the background. I also used them about a week ago in a snowy mountain scene and the red (I've two red and two white) really did show up. Yours should really help with the extra leds. Let us know.

Reactions: RogerMav

I chose white.

View attachment 68065
do you have the link please where those are available, along with those mounts
2 white, 1 green, 1 red package
much obliged..Thanks

UPDATE: they do not ship to Canada...:(
Firehouse Technology

Last edited:
These are the set I'd like, but maybe need those front angled mounts too.
drone strobe lights

Weird not shipping Canada, why would that be ?
I haven't checked their cart or anything, but don't like the chance of getting them to Australia then.

One Perth drone shop advertises them, but always out of stock.
Maybe have to get someone local to get them for me and ship, or a relative or myself going over sometime to grab them personally.

Get a set of ARC2s.... somehow, maybe Amazon.... you won’t be sorry. In the AZ sun midday I can easily see them 1-1.2 miles away and at dawn or dusk it’s more like 2-2.5 miles. Above is based on looking away at the controller and reaquiring VLOS. Younger eyes may do better.

Get a set of ARC2s.... somehow, maybe Amazon.... you won’t be sorry. In the AZ sun midday I can easily see them 1-1.2 miles away and at dawn or dusk it’s more like 2-2.5 miles. Above is based on looking away at the controller and requiring VLOS. Younger eyes may do better.
not available on Canadian Amazon either, :(
and I would like those mounts, I like the angle, and the colour,

Maybe a seller here can chime in and direct us how to acquire them outside the USA

Get a set of ARC2s.... somehow, maybe Amazon.... you won’t be sorry. In the AZ sun midday I can easily see them 1-1.2 miles away and at dawn or dusk it’s more like 2-2.5 miles. Above is based on looking away at the controller and reaquiring VLOS. Younger eyes may do better.

Saw the Arc 2's, yes tha'd probbly do me fine.
I only want them to keep me in VLOS as per Australian regulations, I just lose sight of it if I loko away for a second or two, very hard to then find it again.

Maybe a seller here can chime in and direct us how to acquire them outside the USA

That'd be nice :)
I'd be happy to email credit card info over several messages (for security), then it's just a matter of posting those in a padded envelope, very small expense.
I'm happy paying around the US$100 to $120 for a set of 4, 2 white and 1 each green and red, plus post etc.

Saw the Arc 2's, yes tha'd probbly do me fine.
I only want them to keep me in VLOS as per Australian regulations, I just lose sight of it if I loko away for a second or two, very hard to then find it again.

That'd be nice :)
I'd be happy to email credit card info over several messages (for security), then it's just a matter of posting those in a padded envelope, very small expense.
I'm happy paying around the US$100 to $120 for a set of 4, 2 white and 1 each green and red, plus post etc.
I e-mailed Firehouse, told them what I wanted but couldn't order through their website, they put together an invoice through Paypal, and sent that to me, so I paid and the strobes and mounts are on their way. Send them off an e-mail. Great bunch and very accomodating

I e-mailed Firehouse, told them what I wanted but couldn't order through their website, they put together an invoice through Paypal, and sent that to me, so I paid and the strobes and mounts are on their way. Send them off an e-mail. Great bunch and very accomodating

Thanks Torcan, will do that.
I'd rather buy direct from them too.
Sometimes the systems in place on e-commerce sites just isn't set up for international, but there is a work around.
Cheers.

Reactions: Torcan
Sometimes the systems in place on e-commerce sites just isn't set up for international, but there is a work around.
Cheers.
Let me know what you think of them when you get them please

Cheers.
Agree with you on direct purchase. You’re gonna love them!
Went flying today with a new friend from here. We were taking sunset pics... he commented several times about how he cold see my M2P very easily at well beyond a mile. Best part for me was that my Aerial Pixel mounts, while tight, worked with the new version of PolarPro M2 landing gear.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Agree with you on direct purchase. You’re gonna love them!
Went flying today with a new friend from here. We were taking sunset pics... he commented several times about how he cold see my M2P very easily at well beyond a mile. Best part for me was that my Aerial Pixel mounts, while tight, worked with the new version of PolarPro M2 landing gear.

Cheers Thomas, I bet they will be very much part of standard flying once I start on them, they certainly look the best option . . . especially bang for buck on light output vs weight.

It looks like that supplier seems to carry the mounts only for the single and arc dual Firehouse lights ?

Tell me, I looked at Aerial Pixel website and the mounts, they are flat, not like the angled ones in the OP by TedShred ?
Not 100% sure, but if fitting whites to the front, or green and red nav front and white on the back, I would think anything up front might interfere with the camera, and with flat mounts they would point in that way, with angled mounts it still might be a problem, hmmm . . .

Maybe the best option is to urethane a couple of velcro patches on the outside of the motor arms, so they are pointing sort of 45 degrees outwards ?
At the back it's no issue of course, could put them on the arms, or similarly on the motor housing, provided there is no obstruction problems.

DJI front leds go off when taking a photo or filming, there is a reason for that so maybe any mount on the front arms, or any light projecting more than say 45 degrees inwards is always going to be a problem ?

It might even be that 2 white lights on the back are the way to go, and rotate to find it ?

Some considerations to get through I guess.

Cheers Thomas, I bet they will be very much part of standard flying once I start on them, they certainly look the best option . . . especially bang for buck on light output vs weight.

It looks like that supplier seems to carry the mounts only for the single and arc dual Firehouse lights ?

Tell me, I looked at Aerial Pixel website and the mounts, they are flat, not like the angled ones in the OP by TedShred ?
Not 100% sure, but if fitting whites to the front, or green and red nav front and white on the back, I would think anything up front might interfere with the camera, and with flat mounts they would point in that way, with angled mounts it still might be a problem, hmmm . . .

Maybe the best option is to urethane a couple of velcro patches on the outside of the motor arms, so they are pointing sort of 45 degrees outwards ?
At the back it's no issue of course, could put them on the arms, or similarly on the motor housing, provided there is no obstruction problems.

DJI front leds go off when taking a photo or filming, there is a reason for that so maybe any mount on the front arms, or any light projecting more than say 45 degrees inwards is always going to be a problem ?

It might even be that 2 white lights on the back are the way to go, and rotate to find it ?

Some considerations to get through I guess.
The Aerial Pixel mounts come in two styles, at least for the M2 series and the reason; one for rear arms and one for front legs with right and left sides bring mirror images since they mount on the legs (landing gear). The options can be seen on the site. The strobes point straight out in front.

I took sunset pics today with these holding my ARC2s, no visibility in my photos or videos.

I hadthe Firehouse version on the triangular type mount. I did not like them and took the strobes out to use as backups.

Yes! Spot on! I use 2 white ARC2s on the rear arms (one each arm) for better visibility... white is proven as the brightest and most visible color for them. Also since front arms have a red and a green in standard aircraft fashion it helps me visually know drone’s orientation.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
The Aerial Pixel mounts come in two styles, at least for the M2 series and the reason; one for rear arms and one for front legs with right and left sides bring mirror images since they mount on the legs (landing gear). The options can be seen on the site. The strobes point straight out in front.

I took sunset pics today with these holding my ARC2s, no visibility in my photos or videos.

I hadthe Firehouse version on the triangular type mount. I did not like them and took the strobes out to use as backups.

Yes! Spot on! I use 2 white ARC2s on the rear arms (one each arm) for better visibility... white is proven as the brightest and most visible color for them. Also since front arms have a red and a green in standard aircraft fashion it helps me visually know drone’s orientation.

Hope this helps.

Good to hear that first hand Thomas, thanks very much for the info.

I've emailed Firehouse, so will see what they come back with.

Any Aussies keen on a group buy ??
I'm happy to repackage and ship to individuals at cost if taking receipt of a larger order.

Just installed the lumecubes.
Dropped into UAVMe this afternoon to drop a couple of birds of for a service and he had them on the shelf.
I couldn’t resist.27CB6B54-43A2-46CE-A30B-08494645BD4E.jpeg

well, im happy with these. Definitely more expensive, but also great as airborne lighting
could see the strobe out to as far as Ill ever fly no problem and the spotlight shots speak fro themselves
these are heavy though so i wouldnt be flying with these all the time, so the firehouse arc are still holding me interest for normal flightsspotlight (1 of 1)-2.jpgspotlight (1 of 1).jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+