DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered CrystalSky monitor

Gerry65

Reactions
Hi folks. I’ve been using my new iPhone X hoping it’d be better than the 7 in bright light but that wasn’t the case. Id forgotten all about these monitors until I saw them mentioned on someone’s post today. So I got the 5.5 model, the phantom charger as I heard the Mavic’s wouldn’t work and also dji’s adapter and a case for the monitor. Got the smaller one as I read that most folks were happy with that size and it seems fit the Mavic nicely. Adexture had everything in stock and it was easy to purchase the items over their chat option.

Anyway, looking forward to getting set up with the monitor but need the weather to cooperate in Florida’s panhandle. Anything I need to know?

The guys at Advexure are great to deal with and you'll be real happy with the CS. I bought the 7.85" because my eyesight sucks

Reactions: Advexure
Yeah I hear you re: eyes. They were great and had it all in stock. DJI didn’t have it available. I really thought hard about the large screen but I’ve been so accustomed to piloting with a phone that I thought I should go small.

And, just got an email that the order has already shipped. Wow. Just ordered 45 minuted ago. Whoohoo

Love my 5.5

cbe7135bae1605309692dbb30dc33806.jpg

Fits perfect. I ended up using a flat mount that fits into the RC as I just couldn't get away with my Mavmount. The Mavmount is fantastically made and very light considering what it is.

b262dbca9bb53c82f71d96a388638027.jpg

So if you like that position I can definitely recommend the Mavmount but it was just not for me.

Last edited:
Good to hear. That looks like a perfect size. What mount do you use with it?

Good to hear. That looks like a perfect size. What mount do you use with it?

For the smaller 5.5, I'd get the official Dji Mavic Mount , it can also be used with Spark controller as well. Much more compact and lighter than the Mav mount making it easier to carry and pack away.
I can put it in my bag still connected and there are no loose cable to worry about

crystal sky 5.5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feedback @Gerry65 and @Anthony Viscomi we appreciate the support. Enjoy your CS Gerry!

Love my 5.5

cbe7135bae1605309692dbb30dc33806.jpg

Fits perfect. I ended up using a flat mount that fits into the RC as I just couldn't get away with my Mavmount. The Mavmount is fantastically made and very light considering what it is.

b262dbca9bb53c82f71d96a388638027.jpg

So if you like that position I can definitely recommend the Mavmount but it was just not for me.

Nice setups there, @Anthony. I've been running the MavMount on my Mavic RC when running the CS 7.85" Ultra, when I have that over on my I2 or P4P I just use the DJI Mount on my Mavic with the 5.5" (I only use the 5.5" on my Mavic). Both mounts are great options. For ultimate portability with my LowePro bag I typically choose the DJI mount.

Both mounts can be found here and are in stock:

DJI CrystalSky Mount for Mavic - https://advexure.com/store/dji-crystalsky-mavicspark-remote-controller-mounting-bracket-part-5/
MavMount CrystalSky/Tablet Mount for Mavic - https://advexure.com/store/mavmount-tablet-holder-dji-mavic-spark/

CrystalSky 5.5" models are also in stock: https://advexure.com/store/dji-crystalsky-monitor-5-5-inch-high-brightness/

Don't forget when running the CS on the MavMount you will need a cable to connect the CS into the Mavic RC. This Short Type-C Cable (90 degree connector) works great and is nice and clean. We also now have the CrystalSky 5.5" Storage Case in stock.

If you have any questions on the required components for your CrystalSky setup of choice don't hesitate to reach out.

Safe flying, all, and Happy New Year!
–The Advexure Team

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The DJI Mavic CrystalSky mount works great with the 5.5. It packs away together or separated from the RC very nice. No additional wires to contend with.

Attachments

• FB32E454-B164-471B-9F2A-07BD1E3E1F39.jpeg
    FB32E454-B164-471B-9F2A-07BD1E3E1F39.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 269
  • 67CA74A3-C847-4B60-A676-7FAF15DCA1B0.jpeg
    67CA74A3-C847-4B60-A676-7FAF15DCA1B0.jpeg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 287
The DJI Mavic CrystalSky mount works great with the 5.5. It packs away together or separated from the RC very nice. No additional wires to contend with.
Thanks for pictures folks as I was having a difficult time envisioning what the adapters looked like attached to the controller with the monitor. I ordered the DJI mount. It looks like it can be easily detached so that I can still use my Fly More Combo bag like you mention. I got the monitor case too.

Thanks for pictures folks as I was having a difficult time envisioning what the adapters looked like attached to the controller with the monitor. I ordered the DJI mount. It looks like it can be easily detached so that I can still use my Fly More Combo bag like you mention. I got the monitor case too.
Unfortunately it is difficult at best to get it into the Mavic fly more combo bag with the adapter on the RC.

I'd also consider the 7.85in over the 5.5
Yeah that is kinda getting out of my price range though.

Over the holiday the iPad mini was on sale for $299. Now it's back to $399 and the CS 5.5 is pretty close to that, then I would need a charger, a mount and who knows what else.

The biggest reason for thinking iPad was seeing a couple posts about the CS being last for updates but I am also getting the impression that the thing just works so the updates would be features anyhow not for bugs.

When the MP came out I knew it was the bird for me, no doubt. But now down to picking a dedicated screen. Whew it's killing me.

Reactions: crisp007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61