DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered my Mini 2 w/ Flymore combo

Hobo

Reactions
I've ordered the Mini 2 with Flymore combo from Amazon... I'm really excited about learning to fly. And, this drone seems ideal for my hobby needs. I admit, I'm concerned about the numerous posts of screen freezes and flyaway issues people are reporting. As a new flyer, I would hate to have those kind complications right off the bat. I'm considering using the DJI simulator for a few days before actually launching, as I've never flown anything other than a cheap toy helicopter and I crashed those all the time. Though I do have a 50 hours in a Cessna 150... but, I know it's not the same thing of course.

Reactions: NDWildBill
I would not be too worried. I had never flown a drone or RC of any sort before I bought my Mini 2 but I watched a few YouTube videos and it was fine.

Find yourself a good open spce and start with just taking off, hovering and moving slightly in all directions before returning to the start point and landing. Do this a few times to get the feel of the controls, each time going slightly higher and further away.

Once you are confident with how it responds to the stick input you can try flying further and higher. Just make sure you are aware of your surroundings so you don't hit anything and you will be fine.

Reactions: DJayI and Hobo
I think you will come back with a stunning post of how easy and exhilarating is was taking your first flight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.

Reactions: Hobo
Cessna 150
Sweet plane, very easy to fly. I think you will find the Mini 2 even easier, but different. In the 150 you have the seat of your pants. With the drone you will have to rely on its flight control system. If you become disoriented or uncomfortable, release the sticks and the Mini 2 will stop what it is doing, hover in place and at the altitude you were at when you let go. It will wait for you to unscramble your brain or dry the sweat from your palms. Unlike the 150, instead of remembering when to use the carb heat, orientation will be the challenge. You will get comfortable pretty quick is my guess. Ashjuk posted some good pointers. Right stick is the yoke, left stick is the throttle and peddles. Though in this case, throttle has as much to do with altitude, as it does speed. :)

Reactions: Hobo
I've ordered the Mini 2 with Flymore combo from Amazon... I'm really excited about learning to fly. And, this drone seems ideal for my hobby needs. I admit, I'm concerned about the numerous posts of screen freezes and flyaway issues people are reporting. As a new flyer, I would hate to have those kind complications right off the bat. I'm considering using the DJI simulator for a few days before actually launching, as I've never flown anything other than a cheap toy helicopter and I crashed those all the time. Though I do have a 50 hours in a Cessna 150... but, I know it's not the same thing of course.
NOBODY has flown a drone before they flew a drone!

I would not be too worried. I had never flown a drone or RC of any sort before I bought my Mini 2 but I watched a few YouTube videos and it was fine.

Find yourself a good open spce and start with just taking off, hovering and moving slightly in all directions before returning to the start point and landing. Do this a few times to get the feel of the controls, each time going slightly higher and further away.

Once you are confident with how it responds to the stick input you can try flying further and higher. Just make sure you are aware of your surroundings so you don't hit anything and you will be fine.
Thanks... I plan on doing exactly as you suggest!!

Reactions: Ashjuk
Sweet plane, very easy to fly. I think you will find the Mini 2 even easier, but different. In the 150 you have the seat of your pants. With the drone you will have to rely on its flight control system. If you become disoriented or uncomfortable, release the sticks and the Mini 2 will stop what it is doing, hover in place and at the altitude you were at when you let go. It will wait for you to unscramble your brain or dry the sweat from your palms. Unlike the 150, instead of remembering when to use the carb heat, orientation will be the challenge. You will get comfortable pretty quick is my guess. Ashjuk posted some good pointers. Right stick is the yoke, left stick is the throttle and peddles. Though in this case, throttle has as much to do with altitude, as it does speed. :)
As I recall (it's been a while), the 150 will pretty much flies itself. My flight instructor would say, "The airplane is made to fly, they build them that way". Take your hands off the yoke and it will straighten out and fly level. And, to gain altitude you apply more throttle. Thanks for your input... much appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu