DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered Platinum..

mikewired

Reactions
Well I just ordered a Platinum after returning a regular Mavic and trying a spark. The regular mavic was great but 1080 60 was awful. The spark is awesome but laggy video and shorter range after being used to a mavic is hard. I decided I would build my own combo after not liking the fly more case. I am looking forward to a little less noise and supposedly updated camera.

Well I just ordered a Platinum after returning a regular Mavic and trying a spark. The regular mavic was great but 1080 60 was awful. The spark is awesome but laggy video and shorter range after being used to a mavic is hard. I decided I would build my own combo after not liking the fly more case. I am looking forward to a little less noise and supposedly updated camera.
Where you did you hear there was any update on the camera? I've never seen that claim.

DJI has not stated update but there are several videos that show the 1080p 60 video comparisons. I will soon find out.

DJI has not stated update but there are several videos that show the 1080p 60 video comparisons. I will soon find out.
In any case, I think you are right about building your own combo -- I bought the "Fly More combo" originally, and have never used the case, and from what I heard the car charger is nearly useless. And since the charging hub only charges sequentially, you are not buying any extra performance there, either. If I had it to do over again, I would've just bought the Mavic with 3 extra batteries in one shot, and then bought the third-party Chinese 3-at-a-time charger instead.

Reactions: Bunny Too
If you did not like the camera in the Mavic Pro, I don't see why you'd like the same camera in the Platinum.

Ooh - you guys got me thinking about canceling my FMC combo and purchasing only the components i need. Duh!

I too ordered the MPP (not FMC) for the following reasons:
- I don't have a need for a car charger
- the case would likely (guessing) be a little too small in that I need room for other non standard accessories
- I don't need the adapter to charge other devices from my drone battery
- I prefer the Advanced hub (over the FMC included Standard hub) as it could be used with either the Mavic charger or the phantom 4 charger (hence charge the Mavic battery's faster).

So, I separately ordered 2 additional batteries and an advanced hub, and drove to Best Buy and bought a Lowepro case for $24 (150 Format ii).

It cost me less money and I purchased all items to my personal liking that I know I will use.

This is no criticism of the FMC, it just does not suit my individual needs and, I don't see the point in paying for items that I'll not likely use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580