DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased Mavic Air 2 with "Oxffe Error"....will DJI replace with new unit?

Reactions
First time owner and poster.....just purchased a Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo with the Oxffe Error on Ebay.........Drone was discounted in price substantially......Question is if I contact DJi and ask for
a replacement will they send a new one? ...I have read many of the threads on DJI's forum and on this forum, but most seem to be back in May and June.......Anyone have an opinion on if DJI will swap out the drone for a new one....or have any other advice on how to proceed?...Drone is still in the mail. Have not yet received it....thanks for any replies

First time owner and poster.....just purchased a Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo with the Oxffe Error on Ebay.........Drone was discounted in price substantially......Question is if I contact DJi and ask for
a replacement will they send a new one? ...I have read many of the threads on DJI's forum and on this forum, but most seem to be back in May and June.......Anyone have an opinion on if DJI will swap out the drone for a new one....or have any other advice on how to proceed?...Drone is still in the mail. Have not yet received it....thanks for any replies
It really depends on many factors:
  • Was it purchased from an authorized DJI reseller? If it is gray market then you get no support from DJI.
  • Is it a factory issue or was it a crash that caused the error?
  • In most cases when purchasing it from an authorized retailer, you would just simply return it to the retailer for a quick exchange of another NEW unit.
  • If DJI does accept your claim under factory warranty, you have no guarantee of how long it will take and no guarantee of whether you will get a new unit or a refurbished one.

Reactions: dawgpilot
If memory serves, 0xffe code is an ‘activation error’...

Contact DJI Support when you get the drone and have your serial number ready.

There are documented cases of a batch of MA2s having this problem...it’s all over the Mavic Air 2 section of the official DJI forum...around the May timeframe.

It has been suggested that DJI did not properly enter these serial numbers into their internal database, which would prevent activation (this is purely conjecture).

Last edited:

There are documented cases of a batch of MA2s having this problem...it’s all over the Mavic Air 2 section of the official DJI forum...around the May timeframe.

It has been suggested that DJI did not properly enter these serial numbers into their internal database, which would prevent activation (this is purely conjecture).
...Yes...it seems to be an activation error.....the DJI Rep on that forum said to send them in for replacement....I am just wondering since I am not the original owner and bought the unit on Ebay knowing about the error if DJI might still honor the replacement policy....

...Yes...it seems to be an activation error.....the DJI Rep on that forum said to send them in for replacement....I am just wondering since I am not the original owner and bought the unit on Ebay knowing about the error if DJI might still honor the replacement policy....

Well...if it hasn’t been activated who is to say you are NOT the original owner?

Another point...if I buy a Mavic, don’t activate it and subsequently sell it and it is in new condition the buyer activates it...then the warranty period starts...or has this unit been previously activated and flown?

Provided it is a ‘genuine’ DJI product you may be fine.

Well...if it hasn’t been activated who is to say you are NOT the original owner?

Another point...if I buy a Mavic, don’t activate it and subsequently sell it and it is in new condition the buyer activates it...then the warranty period starts...or has this unit been previously activated and flown?

Provided it is a ‘genuine’ DJI product you may be fine.
..here is the reply I just received from the Ebay Seller (which is a company...not an individual)....." this drone was part of liquidation goods purchased from Amazon. They where likely returns."

Would be interested to know what your cost savings was.

If the price was too good it was probably stolen..don't you think?

That or a return purchased through a liquidation sale at a place like Amazon or something ;)

We obviously can't promise it is not stolen, but Amazon does sell boxes of "stuff" that were returns or overstocks or such, and people end up with them and sell on ebay or elsewhere Very likely someone with the activation error decided not to deal with replacement with DJI, but just returned to Amazon (and hopefully purchased another, working one).

I’m just interested in the cost savings verses the hassle of contending with the amount of time to solve the issue. Of course the time could be considered free, but not in my mind.

....I paid $300 for the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo

Unfortunately DJI might have refused to activate the drone previously hence the fire sale on ebay.
Might of been selling just for parts as it's almost 2/3rds less than retail

one thing about Amazon..they accept returns..and I've made a few.
I mentioned Stolen because DJI knows everything it seems. I guess that's good ...in a way :rolleyes:

..here is the reply I just received from the Ebay Seller (which is a company...not an individual)....." this drone was part of liquidation goods purchased from Amazon. They where likely returns."
It’s likely from the original batch in May/June that can’t be activated. Rather than wait for the DJI return process, the original buyer probably just sent it back to Amazon and bought a new one since it would have been quicker.
I got one of the bad ones from Best Buy in May and that’s what I did. Returned it and bought a new one.
Amazon sells pallets of returned goods. It’s probably quicker for them to do this than deal with the hassle getting a credit from the manufacturer.
Try your luck with DJI and they might help since it was never activated. Otherwise, sell it back on eBay for parts.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
It’s likely from the original batch in May/June that can’t be activated. Rather than wait for the DJI return process, the original buyer probably just sent it back to Amazon and bought a new one since it would have been quicker.
I got one of the bad ones from Best Buy in May and that’s what I did. Returned it and bought a new one.
Amazon sells pallets of returned goods. It’s probably quicker for them to do this than deal with the hassle getting a credit from the manufacturer.
Try your luck with DJI and they might help since it was never activated. Otherwise, sell it back on eBay for parts.
My thoughts exactly! Not everything someone sells for cheap has had to have been stolen.

See the outcome with DJI. If no go, as WoodstockNick says, part it out and sell on ebay. You should make your money back plus some!

Stay safe.

I don't think it's stolen.
According to your photo, it has all parts in their bags, it's a complete set.

So for the stolen idea, we need the following:
1)Someone bought it but couldn't activate it
2)It got the oxffe error
3)He left it somewhere (along with all extras, all spare parts, all batteries etc)
4)Someone stole it
5)He saw the oxffe issue
6)Sold it on ebay for parts or not working

Too may coincidences...

Usually when you steal something it's in working condition and many times it's not a complete set.

Amazon many times sells big boxes with returned items for really cheap, so I believe that this guys bought a return box for e.g. 500, without even knowing what items are inside the box, and then started selling those items individually on ebay to make profit.

Things Someones activate it So you cant buy DJI care refreshe so no Insurance warranty is a grey area after 48 hn of activation you'll Struggle : where was it originally bought wheres it Coming from ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom