DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Received My First DJI Drone, Air 2 with Fly More & Smart Controller

MJW

Reactions
I guess this is the intro forum, learning the ropes as to speak, not my first drone, but after seeing one in action, a Mini, I decided the next drone would be a DJI and then my Youtube research sold me on the Air 2, I saw an offer for the whole kit, drone, /Fly More Combo with Smart Controller.

It arrived yesterday, un-boxed, I guess they made the carry bag a bit larger to fit everything needed for a fly day, room for the controller, drone & 4 drone batteries, very nice.

Didn't find a prop strap like my friends Mini has, but maybe it's not needed, haven't set everything up yet, I did remove all the inspection stickers, I was ready for that from the un-boxing video's.

I also purchased a separate 4 battery charger sold for the Air 2 on Amazon, and I purchased a 4th battery, they arrived two days ago and I did manage to charge that battery but the ones that came in the FlyMore kit and the one shipped in the drone won't turn on.

I saw a thread that stated a procedure for "waking up" the battery by putting the battery in the Air 2 and turning it on, single press and then a long press but the battery wouldn't turn on.

I put the working battery in the drone and it powers it up and it shuts down with the press and then press & hold,

I have yet to connect the controller to Wifi, is that needed to wake up the batteries?

I guess this is the intro forum, learning the ropes as to speak, not my first drone, but after seeing one in action, a Mini, I decided the next drone would be a DJI and then my Youtube research sold me on the Air 2, I saw an offer for the whole kit, drone, /Fly More Combo with Smart Controller.

It arrived yesterday, un-boxed, I guess they made the carry bag a bit larger to fit everything needed for a fly day, room for the controller, drone & 4 drone batteries, very nice.

Didn't find a prop strap like my friends Mini has, but maybe it's not needed, haven't set everything up yet, I did remove all the inspection stickers, I was ready for that from the un-boxing video's.

I also purchased a separate 4 battery charger sold for the Air 2 on Amazon, and I purchased a 4th battery, they arrived two days ago and I did manage to charge that battery but the ones that came in the FlyMore kit and the one shipped in the drone won't turn on.

I saw a thread that stated a procedure for "waking up" the battery by putting the battery in the Air 2 and turning it on, single press and then a long press but the battery wouldn't turn on.

I put the working battery in the drone and it powers it up and it shuts down with the press and then press & hold,

I have yet to connect the controller to Wifi, is that needed to wake up the batteries?
Congratulations on your new drone you're on your way to having a lot of fun the batteries are probably just in hibernation mode have you hooked them up to the charger make sure they have a full charge before you plug them in you shouldn't have any trouble if they don't work your best call DJI good luck

Hi, thanks,
I heard that I have to register my A2, where do I do that and how?

I found the pdf about batteries in hibernation for shipping, I put them in my charger and all 3 woke up.

I have a lot to learn about the Smart controller and when the kid finally gets up I'll get the password for my "Home Port" then I can proceed with the controller initialization.

I have a lanyard, screen saver cover & Scan disc, one for the controller and one for the drone.

It's going to be a few days before I can fly, weather isn't what I want, rain & wind, but soon enough.
Next fly day I'm going to fly the A2 for a pair of batteries to learn it a bit, then I've got a Typhoon Q500 4K in a Racon air frame that needs a maiden flight, two batteries worth then back to the A2 for the other two batteries, and wrap up the day with two more batteries in the A2.

Hello from the Crossroads of America MJW.

so have I got an account with dji by joining the forums?

I'm not sure about the DJI Forum, but here in the DronePilots Forum, there is no connection to a DJI account.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

so have I got an account with dji by joining the forums?
welcome to the forum,this forum is for owners of DJI drones, to converse and help each other out with like minded people ,but it has no direct link to DJI the company
in order to set up your Account with DJI you need to download the Fly App and then you follow the on screen instructions to set up your DJI account

Where in the app store is the "Fly app"?
What category?

Go here to the DJI site.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.
well this has been a very big hassle, and I'll share that with anybody.
I have an account andI log in automaticlly when I go to dji.com but ekit won'taccept my pass word, I have requested many times today for code to allow me to fly what I paid a lot of cash for.

Don't know of any other product I own that is this big of a hassle, what if you had to do this to use your car, your bank account, your credit card, nothing is as much of a hassle to deal with.

If I cal I'm on forever hold, if I do online chat they run me in a loop, and then connect me to my account on my computer but I can't get there with my smart controller, it came as part of the promo package deal for new flyer's, guess what, this is getting a big thumbs down.

thanks for the link, the controller is still updating, almost half an hour., ok stopped the update, now up loading, then controller shut off, and restarted itself and more uploading, gets half way through the upload and goes to sleep, then wakes back up with more downloading,,,,

For Christ sake this is a brand new controller it shouldn't need a god **** thing except a battery charged

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus