DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just recut my aerial reel, I'd sure appreciate any and all feedback I can get!

Looks very nice. If I had to criticize something, I'd admit to not being a big fan of the music as an accompaniment for the video, and the cut between 0:45 and 0:46 struck me as a bit abrupt for some reason. I might use the B/W effect a bit more sparingly, or perhaps make the B/W shots stand out from each other via some post-processing, like maybe increase the contrast or something. That's all very subjective, though, and I'm having to work to think of something to complain about, so I'd call it a great job overall.

Looks very nice. If I had to criticize something, I'd admit to not being a big fan of the music as an accompaniment for the video, and the cut between 0:45 and 0:46 struck me as a bit abrupt for some reason. I might use the B/W effect a bit more sparingly, or perhaps make the B/W shots stand out from each other via some post-processing, like maybe increase the contrast or something. That's all very subjective, though, and I'm having to work to think of something to complain about, so I'd call it a great job overall.
Thank you for taking the time to watch, I can see now that the cut you mentioned is off time with the music and have fixed the issue in my timeline.

Thank you for the kind words!

Reactions: manutter51
What is it other than apparent random clips.
I work in the film industry, where it can be tough to find work if you don't have a cinematography reel to show what you're capable of. As such, the shots are supposed to give an idea of my ability, not only as a cinematographer and media manager, but as a pilot, hence the many different quadraxial movements, spiraling, etc.

Thank you for watching :)

Well that's not bad for a quick cut reel, I suppose but if I were looking at that and thinking about your overall skills for a finished product, I would assume you had no clue about music choice for films and would move on to someone else.

Therefore, I would suggest you lose that music and rethink what you want to show with a more dynamic piece of music. I would also suggest you don't use that rather boring last piece of film as your end piece, even if it was the school you went to. Use one of your more dramatic pieces of film to end on, which would leave a more impactful feel to close with.

You might add a touch more contrast to the BW bits, as well. Maybe also keep them all more to the same BW tone because you had several different tones in your BW footage, some nice, some not so pleasing in tone. But for sure... change the music associated with your film work, that was a terrible choice. Just my opinion.

Reactions: FLDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3