DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddb55

Reactions
First, I'm not the best pilot, second, I'm color blind, but I so love the questions and comments.

First, I'm not the best pilot, second, I'm color blind, but I so love the questions and comments.
OK.. let's do the ultimate green, red, blue - color blind test - it's simple.
which square is darker A or B - A doctor will evaluate your answer.Which square is darker  A or B.jpg
Which square is darker  A or B.jpg

Reactions: Pontoon-pilot
Can you even be a Pilot if your color blind.?
Just asking not judging.
....cR

Which square is darker, square A or square B? Incredibly, the answer is that squares A and B are the same color, but your brain's perception of them being different is based on the surrounding color and shadow information.

Depending on the degree, you could film in B&W, or film in color then, in post production, de-saturate the color to 0; thereby focusing on contrast of images. The histogram still applies.
In photography, B&W is an art form.

I've seen this kind of illusion before and it's just crazy. I took it into PS and looked at the colors and sure enough, they are an exact match (47,-1,0: LAB). And if you drag box A to box B, you can see the blend perfectly. It's very cool.

Which square is darker, square A or square B? Incredibly, the answer is that squares A and B are the same color, but your brain's perception of them being different is based on the surrounding color and shadow information.
I think I'll spend the rest of my time huddled in the corner now - I clearly cannot trust my senses. I cut out square B in MS Paint and moved it alongside "A" because I didn't believe all of the liars. Maybe my computer is broken...

This is one I like to use with students to demonstrate how things can be invisible from the cockpit if you don’t perform constant scans

Last edited:
so, illusion aside, is A the correct answer?
Checker shadow illusion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The squares marked A and B are the same shade of gray.

The checker shadow illusion is an
optical illusion published by Edward H. Adelson, Professor of Vision Science at MIT in 1995.[1]
The image depicts a checkerboard with light and dark squares, partly shadowed by another object. The optical illusion is that the area labeled A appears to be a darker color than the area labeled B. However, within the context of the two-dimensional image, they are of identical brightness, i.e., they would be printed with identical mixtures of ink, or displayed on a screen with pixels of identical colour. [1]
A rectangle of the same color has been drawn connecting the two areas of the image.
That the two squares are the same color can be proven using any of the following methods:
Open the illusion in an image editing program and using the eyedropper tool to verify that the colors are the same.
Cut out a cardboard mask. By viewing patches of the squares without the surrounding context, you can remove the effect of the illusion. A piece of cardboard with two circles removed will work as a mask for a computer screen or for a printed piece of paper.
Print the image and cut out the squares. Cut out each square along the edges. Remove them. Hold them side by side.[2]
Isolate the squares. Without the surrounding context, the effect of the illusion is dispelled. This can be done by using the eyedropper tool in image editing programs, such as Gimp to sample the values of A & B, and to color in the newly adjacent rectangles using the paint bucket tool.

Proof

High resolution remake
Checker shadow illusion

Can you even be a Pilot if your color blind.?
Just asking not judging.
....cR
Yes, in the US a color blind person may get a pilot's license. It will be restricted: no night flying and no color signal control. Also, there is no way to get a commercial license or legally fly IFR. (I know from personal experience!)

Nick

Reactions: charliesRig
So what ya saying now...it's went OT .
OK guys lets get back OT . :)

This thread has a track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members