DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just upgraded to Mini 2

Dustdvl

Reactions
I bought the MM a couple of months ago. I was intrigued by the whole drone concept and my research into them indicated that the Mini was a competent entry-level choice. I loved its stability, ease of flying, weight and size and photo quality. What I found to be not so great was the phone holder (seemed like my phone was always moving around and ready to slip out), the spotty RF connection, as well as a I lack of features present on other drones.
As I read the various threads, I zeroed in on the Mini 2. Mine arrived yesterday and after the first flight, I’m very happy. I flew it along a similar path I flew my Mini and had a solid controller-to-drone connection the entire way, which I didn’t have with the Mini. OcuSync 2.0 is da bomb! I also love the camera zoom function! I wanter a drone to explore, when I go out into the Nevada wilderness. Being able to magnify what the camera is seeing will allow me to better understand what is on the ground, without having to fly closer to it. The phone holder is 1000% better; it holds the phone snugl, with no slippage.
The down side to this all means I’ll be watching a bunch more of YouTube videos, to learn how to better use the increased functionality of the Mini 2. I look forward to that!

Never had those issues with my MM. Have to agree with your comments on the MM2, it’s in a league of its own, the little fella travels with me everywhere.
Regards

Reactions: JTZ
I bought the MM a couple of months ago. I was intrigued by the whole drone concept and my research into them indicated that the Mini was a competent entry-level choice. I loved its stability, ease of flying, weight and size and photo quality. What I found to be not so great was the phone holder (seemed like my phone was always moving around and ready to slip out), the spotty RF connection, as well as a I lack of features present on other drones.
As I read the various threads, I zeroed in on the Mini 2. Mine arrived yesterday and after the first flight, I’m very happy. I flew it along a similar path I flew my Mini and had a solid controller-to-drone connection the entire way, which I didn’t have with the Mini. OcuSync 2.0 is da bomb! I also love the camera zoom function! I wanter a drone to explore, when I go out into the Nevada wilderness. Being able to magnify what the camera is seeing will allow me to better understand what is on the ground, without having to fly closer to it. The phone holder is 1000% better; it holds the phone snugl, with no slippage.
The down side to this all means I’ll be watching a bunch more of YouTube videos, to learn how to better use the increased functionality of the Mini 2. I look forward to that!
100% agree. I bought the mini 1 less than a month ago and sold it a few days ago and upgraded to the mini 2, I thought the mini 1 was a **** good drone, but the mini 2 just COMPLETELY blows it out of the water in every way. I lost about 60 bucks selling it used, but it was EASILY worth it now that I have flown the mini 2 several times. This will probably be my drone till it dies since I'm not much into the photography aspect. I just loving exploring places I normally would never be able to get to otherwise on foot.

Reactions: Gagey52
Return it. huge regret for me.

Basic features that you're going to want are missing. They could be used if they released the sdk with a 3rd party app.

Buy it again if they realease the SDK. I'll probably never buy one of these drones from DJI again.

The Mini 2 is my first experience with a drone. I've been flying daily for several weeks and this little bird is amazing. I'm stoked that I've discovered an super fun new hobby and feeling the need for a bigger drone that does better in 20+ MPH winds which are common in my area and I want SDK compatibility for the the 3rd party apps. I'm leaning towards the Mavic 2 Zoom because I enjoy searching for wildlife. I had a couple of territorial raptors tango with my M2 the other day. They didn't attack but they were very curious and appeared to be challenging the M2 to a duel. Nature is amazing!

The Mini 2 is my first experience with a drone. I've been flying daily for several weeks and this little bird is amazing. I'm stoked that I've discovered an super fun new hobby and feeling the need for a bigger drone that does better in 20+ MPH winds which are common in my area and I want SDK compatibility for the the 3rd party apps. I'm leaning towards the Mavic 2 Zoom because I enjoy searching for wildlife. I had a couple of territorial raptors tango with my M2 the other day. They didn't attack but they were very curious and appeared to be challenging the M2 to a duel. Nature is amazing!
Cooper hawk took a swoop at mine the other day! Sadly I wasn't doing video at the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929