DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just want to whine a little.............

Crash-a-lot

Reactions
Yesterday, before the 48 hour deadline had passed, I got on the DJI website to get the "Care Refresh' package for my Mavic Air 2. I filled out the form and submitted it. The credit card was declined. I've had that card for 38 years. I tried again with 2 other cards. All were declined. DJI wanted further verification from the banks. It was too late yesterday to call the banks so I was going to call one of them this morning. The first thing I did (as usual) was to read my email. There was a note from from the first bank I tried to use yesterday asking if I had tried to make a purchase from DJI and I replied that I had. The note also said that I should try again and the purchase should go through. So, I tried again. I went to DJI's website and started to fill out the form again. I was blocked. It said I could not fill out the form and get coverage since I had waited past the 48 hour deadline. Next I went to the area where people go if they waited too long. The requirements there were beyond belief. I read all the stuff there and watched the required video about what they wanted and decided '****' that. I opened the 'chat' window and had to get transferred since I was in maintenance area. Finally got to tell my story to Vic and he said he would pass my problem on and I should get email back in 1-2 days. I'm beginning to wish I had gotten a skateboard, even at my age.

Timing wasnt good - I think that even if you go beyond the 48 hours providing you havent flown it at all then you should be able to do it.

Hopefully they will sort you out but whilst the rigmarole they ask you to film seems overly complex how else can they be sure you didnt take off and run into a wall with it ?

FWIW if i find a known card doesnt go through on a 2nd attempt it is usually because the bank has blocked it and a quick call fixes it .

Timing wasnt good - I think that even if you go beyond the 48 hours providing you havent flown it at all then you should be able to do it.

Hopefully they will sort you out but whilst the rigmarole they ask you to film seems overly complex how else can they be sure you didnt take off and run into a wall with it ?

FWIW if i find a known card doesnt go through on a 2nd attempt it is usually because the bank has blocked it and a quick call fixes it .
I think (hope) it is more like DJI just wanted to be sure it was really me. I've had this happen with other companies.

Also, why does everybody assume we all have 'smart' phones to create videos with? I don't and probably never will. That's why I got the Smart Controller.

Reactions: Afghanpilot
I think (hope) it is more like DJI just wanted to be sure it was really me. I've had this happen with other companies.

Also, why does everybody assume we all have 'smart' phones to create videos with? I don't and probably never will. That's why I got the Smart Controller.

I've purchased directly from DJI exactly 2x now and BOTH times my bank halted the charges. The only difference was my bank literally called me to confirm the transaction was genuine and approved them over the phone.

US Banks get very nervous with Chinese banks submitting transactions. Even though the timing etc sucks, at the end of the day they were looking after your $$ and checking account.

I've purchased directly from DJI exactly 2x now and BOTH times my bank halted the charges. The only difference was my bank literally called me to confirm the transaction was genuine and approved them over the phone.

US Banks get very nervous with Chinese banks submitting transactions. Even though the timing etc sucks, at the end of the day they were looking after your $$ and checking account.
I didn't know about the 48 hour deadline until it was almost up so I immediately. Except for the card being declined, which I didn't expect, it would been a smooth transaction.

Yes US banks do get nervous about Chinese purchases! None the less CR can be purchased after the 48 hour period by following the plan DJI lays out and making the video they request. It took me a morning to complete it and send it to DJI and get a reply. When they reviewed the info I was granted CR for my new MA2. This was important as I my MA had been in an altercation with a swan and the gimbal and camera were wrecked. DJICR sending me another MA now.
Fly safe mask up
ackdrone

Yesterday, before the 48 hour deadline had passed, I got on the DJI website to get the "Care Refresh' package for my Mavic Air 2. I filled out the form and submitted it. The credit card was declined. I've had that card for 38 years. I tried again with 2 other cards. All were declined. DJI wanted further verification from the banks. It was too late yesterday to call the banks so I was going to call one of them this morning. The first thing I did (as usual) was to read my email. There was a note from from the first bank I tried to use yesterday asking if I had tried to make a purchase from DJI and I replied that I had. The note also said that I should try again and the purchase should go through. So, I tried again. I went to DJI's website and started to fill out the form again. I was blocked. It said I could not fill out the form and get coverage since I had waited past the 48 hour deadline. Next I went to the area where people go if they waited too long. The requirements there were beyond belief. I read all the stuff there and watched the required video about what they wanted and decided '****' that. I opened the 'chat' window and had to get transferred since I was in maintenance area. Finally got to tell my story to Vic and he said he would pass my problem on and I should get email back in 1-2 days. I'm beginning to wish I had gotten a skateboard, even at my age.
The requirements if you go past the 48-hour window are not that bad.

I missed activating mine by roughly 8,600 hours. It took about 5 minutes to record the video with the information they wanted. I then uploaded the video as a private YouTube video and submitted the link to DJI. Once they verified the video, my Care Fresh plan that was purchased on 12/26/19 was activated on 12/25/20.

I did a manual verification as I bought my drone from a acquaintance 2nd hand. His business is drone based and they had bought one too many. So it had been flown once previously.

Anyway the process looks intimidating yes but in the end it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. They do a instruction sheet somewhere and if you print it. Do a screen recording, upload to YouTube, it’s worth it plus if you haven’t done those things before it’s a good thing for drone owners to know how to do.

Dji were pretty good too. I missed a step in my original submission. Rather then do it all again I just had to do a “quick” version of whatever it was I cannot remember exactly.

Yes it’s. A hassle but it’s probably more intimidating then it actually is.

Yes US banks do get nervous about Chinese purchases! None the less CR can be purchased after the 48 hour period by following the plan DJI lays out and making the video they request. It took me a morning to complete it and send it to DJI and get a reply. When they reviewed the info I was granted CR for my new MA2. This was important as I my MA had been in an altercation with a swan and the gimbal and camera were wrecked. DJICR sending me another MA now.
Fly safe mask up
ackdrone
The problem is in DJI's hands now. I was inside the 48 hour limit when I tried to get the coverage.

I had mine declined once at DJI store. Thought that was strange. Then I got an email from my bank that a Chinese company was trying to charge my card asking if it was me. I assured them it was, and my order went through.

If you are talking about the DJI video I to prove your drone is still working - it is a screen record and can be done with a smart controller - I did the same as I missed the deadline - it was pretty easy - no flight required

There is a bright side to every bad issue. I applied several weeks after my 48 hour purchase deadline was due of my old Mavic Air (1). DJI required verification that the drone was in excellent working order by requiring me to prove its air worthiness doing the calibrations and sending them the results. So I had to learn right away how to calibrate, and it was a helpful learning experience.

Look into StateFarm Insurance "Personal Articles Policy"
I
Insured 2 drones and a jewelry for $75 p/y.
If you lose or sink your drone they will still pay without producing it.
Got 2 emails this morning from DJI. Problem solved; clicked on the page highlighted in the email, put my name and phone number in form and submitted it. Payment confirmed and got the paperwork in email almost immediately. I'm happy.

Reactions: Mrmund and MA2 317
There is a Santa Claus. I got email this morning from DJI support saying I may purchase the Care Refresh plan within 72 hours of receiving the email as a one-time courtesy. I went to the highlighted address in the email and signed in to my account and filled out the form which was really just my name and phone number. It was confirmed within 10 seconds and the paperwork was in the mail. I got it a few minutes later and printed it. I'm happy now. Considering the weather here, I will just continue to fly around (inside) the house.

P.S. -- hiflyer201- You were right; they did me right.

There is a Santa Claus. I got email this morning from DJI support saying I may purchase the Care Refresh plan within 72 hours of receiving the email as a one-time courtesy. I went to the highlighted address in the email and signed in to my account and filled out the form which was really just my name and phone number. It was confirmed within 10 seconds and the paperwork was in the mail. I got it a few minutes later and printed it. I'm happy now. Considering the weather here, I will just continue to fly around (inside) the house.

State Farm turned me down unless I buy an entire policy.

If you are talking about the DJI video I to prove your drone is still working - it is a screen record and can be done with a smart controller - I did the same as I missed the deadline - it was pretty easy - no flight required
No flight required? They must have changed it over the years as in the past you had to record flying it up I believe a few hundred feet, and out a few 100ft.
Also had to include the AC and gimbal SN in the recording. The whole thing had to be recorded without any interruption.

That happened to me soon after my M2Z purchase. It was because supposedly the app didn't offer it. One install of the app didn't, but I thought my first install did. I snatched the opportunity and I was glad I did.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest