DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

K&F Concept ND Filters? Ever heard of them?

kjonyou

Reactions
I know the two popular brands seem to be Skyreat and Freewell, but I discovers this other brand called K&F Concept. They are a well known brand for professional level DSLR cameras not usually for drones. I wonder if they might be better because they are in the business of making actual filters. Skyreat and Freewell seem like they were born out of the Drone industry instead of film or photography. What do you guys think?

I personally prefer the Polar Pro filters because they fit on the drone better than Freewell, but for basic NDs, most named brands should be fine. For Variable NDs though (what I use 99% of the time) it's Polar Pro all the way because variable NDs can have some serious quality issues if they aren't well made.

I have used a K&F VND for my DSLR, and it's alright, but it does have a green/yellow color cast that has to be corrected for.

I tried a K&F VND for my Mini 3 pro. I use Polar Pro and Freewells on my other drones. I like the Freewell VNDS the best because it is so well made and I do not like the heavy yellow tint of the PP in Photos. That is not to say that color correcting does not allow you to get the photo where you want it, I just like working with the Freewell more.

The K&F filter is awful. We all know about setting the VND to extreme min and max settings. No matter where I set the K&F, the top left and bottom right corners are very dark deep toward the center of the photo. It is so obvious that I can see it easily in the thumbnails in my windows explorer.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 092101.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS