DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Karma in Australia

elwyn5150

Reactions
Doesn't really say if he was charged for shooting it down only for firearm violations .
That could have been because he had a Felony on him already .
Hope they do but that seemed kinda unclear.

Reactions: Former Member
Doesn't really say if he was charged for shooting it down only for firearm violations .
That could have been because he had a Felony on him already .
Hope they do but that seemed kinda unclear.
The charges in the article will be state charges. The downing of the drone will be a Commonwealth offence and CASA wlll come after him for that.

Reactions: dirkclod
You have to go through quite lot of stuff to get guns in Australia.
How easy is it to get a gun in Australia?

• Have undergone a firearms safety training course and;
  • Have provided documentation about the storage arrangements in which they will secure the firearm.

I don't have a gun nor will ever want one. A while back after a nasty shooting there was a big hand in of firearms.
    Two of my neighbours have guns and they both tell me it was way easier in the past and authorities are much firmer now. So to do it legally is not easy. I see know reason why the two people I have know for 20 years have them would lie to me.
So I can only suppose if you know dodgy people it could be easy.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Really don't see why you need a gun there anyway. I saw Crocodile Dundee :oops:
tumblr_o5ay27KlYZ1r5dnino1_400-1.gif

Look, I'm sure this poor maligned property owner was just trying to protect his privacy; for VERY good reasons!!!

He thought so .
giphy-1.gif

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The charges in the article will be state charges. The downing of the drone will be a Commonwealth offence and CASA will come after him for that.
CASA might make a point of prosecution, I doubt it. Although they have singled out a few laser users who aimed at helicopters and prosecuted them.
I had a drug grower put a bullet hole through the aircraft I was flying and CASA weren't interested, I gave up after contacting 2 separate CASA sources and 2 different police contacts, nobody interested.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121