DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kayak camping with my Mavic Pro

Garuda

Reactions
Just wanted to share my edited video from a 3-day kayak paddling I did recently. My Mavic Pro always comes with me on these trips! Please note that this is not purely drone-footage but a combination of GoPro and Mavic video. Enjoy!

Great video. I like the odd angles with the GoPro. I do the same thing with my kayaking videos. Have not posted any of my kayaking videos that I did with the Mavic yet. Hopefully in the next month or so I can get one out there. Did some practice on a trip this past weekend with launching and recovering the Mavic from the kayak while on moving water. It went well but took some serious practice. I didn't think about it at the time but I should have ran the GoPro while I was doing it and done a how to video. Maybe next time.

Reactions: Garuda
Wow - that must have taken ages to shoot and edit. Good job. Wonderful spot you have there.

Just from a safety point of view - that is one seriously loaded out kayak on the deck - I wouldn't like to try a rescue with it (other people or a self resue)! Have you got a good system in place for an unexpected capsize?

Great video. I like the odd angles with the GoPro. I do the same thing with my kayaking videos. Have not posted any of my kayaking videos that I did with the Mavic yet. Hopefully in the next month or so I can get one out there. Did some practice on a trip this past weekend with launching and recovering the Mavic from the kayak while on moving water. It went well but took some serious practice. I didn't think about it at the time but I should have ran the GoPro while I was doing it and done a how to video. Maybe next time.
Thanks! Yeah got some great hand-catch/landing gear on, for just that purpose...but it can be tricky!

Wow - that must have taken ages to shoot and edit. Good job. Wonderful spot you have there.

Just from a safety point of view - that is one seriously loaded out kayak on the deck - I wouldn't like to try a rescue with it (other people or a self resue)! Have you got a good system in place for an unexpected capsize?
Thanks for your comment! Yeah thats a neat little island to camp on. LOL yep alot of stuff on deck (but with low weight). Done alot of safety/rescue practice with it (with even more equipment) so I dont really feel unsafe.

Reactions: Rbruz
Just wanted to share my edited video from a 3-day kayak paddling I did recently. My Mavic Pro always comes with me on these trips! Please note that this is not purely drone-footage but a combination of GoPro and Mavic video. Enjoy!

Best I’ve seen! Inspirational!
Great shots. Great editing. 5*!

Fantastic video with a great focus on storytelling - one of the best video posts I've seen on Mavic Pilots.
Really appreciate your comment! Always nice to hear positive things about what you do and the effort you put it to it. Thank you!

Reactions: De3mx
Best I’ve seen! Inspirational!
Great shots. Great editing. 5*!
Very glad that you said inspirational, kinda my reason why I upload these kind of videos to Youtube. Thank you!

Very glad that you said inspirational, kinda my reason why I upload these kind of videos to Youtube. Thank you!

You’re very welcome!
I’ve learnt so much from it. Thank you.
Like the other guy said ‘great story telling’
Do you have a YouTube channel?
I’m subscribing if you do :)

Very nice! I agree that you have done a masterful job of telling a story. i do like the camera angles you used, what i would like to see would be a little more low level drone footage - that is if you could make it work for the story, not just for the sake of having it! Great job once again! Thumbswayup

Very nice! I agree that you have done a masterful job of telling a story. i do like the camera angles you used, what i would like to see would be a little more low level drone footage - that is if you could make it work for the story, not just for the sake of having it! Great job once again! Thumbswayup
Totally agree with you man! Thought of that during the editing process... Also just bought a little higher tripod so you get up from the ground a bit more (Gopro). Thank you for the feedback, it always helps!

Didn't see any flickering issues you have there. What settings do you have? The +1 sharpness setting has horrid flickering especially on foliage

Didn't see any flickering issues you have there. What settings do you have? The +1 sharpness setting has horrid flickering especially on foliage
Flickering issues? Did you see it in the video? I havent noticed it but you could be right (will look at the video). This was my setting when I shot this (2.7K D-cinelike): Sharpness +0, C +0 and Saturation -1.

No I didn't see any flickering issues. That's why I was asking. Can't understand why +1 sharpness is the preferred setting, the flickering is horrendous.

No I didn't see any flickering issues. That's why I was asking. Can't understand why +1 sharpness is the preferred setting, the flickering is horrendous.
Ok I missunderstood you! (Swedish and all) o_O Can somewhat understand why +1 sharpness is preferred. IMO setting the sharpness level a little higher blends the video a bit better with other cameras, like GoPro. Thats what I noticed about that, but as you say when alot of moving data is in frame like foliage...it looks really bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143