DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep kids away!

Wozza

Reactions
I was going to record a quick snippet of the grandkids out the front of the house. And I'd put the drone and controller in the front room while I organised my grandson out on the drive for a quick run through: 'stand here, look over there...etc'. The drone and controller were powered on ready to fly as I'd been checking camera settings, but obviously not fired up. Safe enough I thought. Then I heard the props whir and ran into the room to see my grand-daughter with her hand reaching for the **** thing. I just got to her in time but I got my pinky clipped by one prop. Just a small cut but it could have been a lot worse for her.

I honestly thought it would be impossible to start the motors by accident. She either would have had to move both sticks down and centre them or hit the launch button and then hold down the centre button for a few seconds. Honestly, what would the chances that anyone would do that by accident? And she's only 4 so she didn't do it on purpose. Is there any other way to fire up a Mavic Air 2?

Needless to say, I won't be turning it on and leaving it unsupervised again.

The difference between matures and kids is, that (most) matures think about what would happen before they do and kids just don't. They just do and see what happens.

This being said, keep all mature toys out of reach for the children.

Lucky for your granddorta. Safe enough anything, dosn't exist when kids are around. Probably a few of their toys would have similer stick set ups to the drone, half a dozen moves and bingo.
Drones should be treated like the lawn mower when kids around.
Stay safe and happy flying.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett