DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep propellers on or off during transport?

lomposlapos

Reactions
Which one is better practice: keeping the propellers on or taking them off while transporting in a closed case with gentle foam cushion?

Yep i keep them on too.
More likely to break something by keep taking them on and off, than if you just leave them on and use care when packing away/ travelling with the Mavic.

That's my thoughts on it

Reactions: gadgetman65
I agree with Dw911. No need to put more wear and tear on the motor mounts and prop hubs by continuously taking the props on and off. They were made to fold up for a reason.

I keep them on. They are designed to stay on so why take them off? It just opens the possibility of incorrect installation if you have to put them on every time.

Reactions: tedten
Standard props, I leave them on. Platinum props, I remove them (because of the build quality and the shape of the Platinum props)

Reactions: tedten
Standard props, I leave them on. Platinum props, I remove them (because of the build quality and the shape of the Platinum props)
can you please elaborate why? thank you.

can you please elaborate why? thank you.
The Platinum props feel a bit more fragile compared to the standard props (they probably are more fragile). Also due to its shape, the tip is prone to be damaged if you are not careful:

Protecting Platinum Prop Tips on your Mavic?

I just don't want to go somewhere, ready to fly, then find the props are damaged.

Last edited:
I keep mine on but my case allows me to do this without putting pressure on the props.

Which one is better practice: keeping the propellers on or taking them off while transporting in a closed case with gentle foam cushion?

Never even thought about it before, they fold up nicely so as the others say here, more chance for wear and tear taking them off all the time. I just do a quick check as part of my pre-flight checking.

more chance for wear and tear taking them off all the time
Only for transporting. Unless you bring your Mavic everywhere, certainly removing and installing the (Platinum) props a few times a month won't cause any extra wear and tear. As I wrote above, with standard props I just leave them on.

I leave them on. I looked closely at the platinum vs the originals and didn't see any difference in the amount of pressure put on the props or how they folded up.

I transport with them all attached. However, every two weeks I pull the props, inspect the edges, rivets, and prongs, then use a keyboard vacuum to take any junk out of the motors, then re-attach. The vacuum also gets rid of dog fuzz and other nonsense clogging the intake screen behind the gimbal.

Jake

Reactions: Mossiback
I leave them on. I looked closely at the platinum vs the originals and didn't see any difference in the amount of pressure put on the props or how they folded up.
As lolo780 mentioned in the other thread, the problem is with the trailing edge of the rear blades hitting the heat sink. Some people reported their Platinum props got damaged at the trailing edge.

But don't worry about having a different opinion, this forum would be boring if everybody has the same opinion in everything :)

Reactions: amalia saputro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots