DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep the Air2 or sell?

evans.steve

Reactions
So I got an Air 2 fly more combo for Christmas, and I'm wondering if I should just cut bait and get the Air 2S instead. I'm mostly using this for photography. I love the idea of a larger sensor size, mastershots, and better obstacle avoidance. BUT - it's too late to return the Air 2, so I'll probably have to sell it and take a hit. What do you think? Stay with what I've got, or switch over to the Air 2S now?

So I got an Air 2 fly more combo for Christmas, and I'm wondering if I should just cut bait and get the Air 2S instead. I'm mostly using this for photography. I love the idea of a larger sensor size, mastershots, and better obstacle avoidance. BUT - it's too late to return the Air 2, so I'll probably have to sell it and take a hit. What do you think? Stay with what I've got, or switch over to the Air 2S now?
The Air 2S is my favorite drone of all time however I would judge the upgrade based on how much low light work you do..... I have owned the Mavic Air 2 as well and it performed great. If you watch some comparison video, you won't see tons of difference until the sun. gets low.

The Air 2S is my favorite drone of all time however I would judge the upgrade based on how much low light work you do..... I have owned the Mavic Air 2 as well and it performed great. If you watch some comparison video, you won't see tons of difference until the sun. gets low.
That's a good question. As a photographer I know the colors are most interesting when the sun gets low...

I am in the same boat. I just purchased an Air 2S and I have for sale my Air 2 for $550. If you think about it the Air 2 is a much better drone than the DJI Mini 2 for a lot. Is a very capable drone. I am even thinking on remove the offer since a backup drone is a great option or a trainer drone since I teach people for free.

I am in the same boat. I just purchased an Air 2S and I have for sale my Air 2 for $550. If you think about it the Air 2 is a much better drone than the DJI Mini 2 for a lot. Is a very capable drone. I am even thinking on remove the offer since a backup drone is a great option or a trainer drone since I teach people for free.
That is exactly what I did. I was going to sell my A2 and listed it here and a buddy of mine here local said he really wanted it so i listed it sold here. His wife did not want him spending the money so my wife said to just keep it as a backup. I really do like the SC that I have paired to it. So.... I would keep both honestly. Selling it and loosing money is a PITA, so it will be my backup with interchangable batteries, etc.

Reactions: RMS001 and zeusfl
That is exactly what I did. I was going to sell my A2 and listed it here and a buddy of mine here local said he really wanted it so i listed it sold here. His wife did not want him spending the money so my wife said to just keep it as a backup. I really do like the SC that I have paired to it. So.... I would keep both honestly. Selling it and loosing money is a PITA, so it will be my backup with interchangable batteries, etc.
I wish I could afford to do that. Then again, if I keep the Air 2 then I guess I don't need the fly more for the 2S, do I? do the ND filters work interchangeably?

I wish I could afford to do that. Then again, if I keep the Air 2 then I guess I don't need the fly more for the 2S, do I? do the ND filters work interchangeably?
The A2 has smaller ND filters than the A2S.

Attachments

• 20220118_194836.jpg
    20220118_194836.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220118_194820.jpg
    20220118_194820.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220118_194759.jpg
    20220118_194759.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
If you just forget that the Air 2S exists, you will have countless hours of safe, productive and reliable flying with your new Air 2 drone. Don’t get caught in the old “iphone upgrade spiral”! Once you succumb, you will be forever addicted …… Almost two years after purchase, my Air 2 is producing excellent still frames and video. 👍😎🇳🇿🦉

If you just forget that the Air 2S exists, you will have countless hours of safe, productive and reliable flying with your new Air 2 drone. Don’t get caught in the old “iphone upgrade spiral”! Once you succumb, you will be forever addicted …… Almost two years after purchase, my Air 2 is producing excellent still frames and video. 👍😎🇳🇿🦉
Very true. The Air 2 is just a great drone and the camera is HDR and 60fps as well. Is the exact Air 2S just with a smaller sensor camera but the same great drone, even the same batteries, and propellers.

The Air 2 is good for daylight video, from my point of view. The Air2S can do low light as well, both video and photo.

Reactions: Baja170 and zeusfl
If you can use everything from your Air2, look into the cost of purchasing just the Air2s drone refurbished. How close is that to taking a hit on selling your almost new Air2? If your controller would work for both, then you just might end up with two drones for close to the same cost as taking the hit.

Also, please be aware that the drone world may change when the RID law kicks in. If DJI can comply with just a software or firmware update, then no problem. However, if it’s more than a simple update, then both the Air2 and Air2s may become worth less. If this is the case, you might as well hold on to your Air2 since what you have is your cheapest option. There are many other people on this forum that can give you a better idea of the future than I however. This situation may not even be a concern 🤷🏻‍♂️. Best wishes!

Last edited:
The law will not kick in until next year and even with that, you can use a beacon remote ID in the worst-case scenario. I am pretty sure the Air 2/2S will be fine because even the M2P will be able to handle it is my understanding.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929