Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kelowna B.C. Canada

Darryl B

Reactions
Hi Darryl B here Bought my Mavic in beginning of 2017 Love it
Havent flown for a while too cold and snowy now,

Purchased another Mavic for a friend in sept 2017
It is still in the box ,as he is worried about setting it up and not being able to fly because of updating.
He is pretty much computer unfriendly Any advice or a good post to help with first time setup and avoid updating completely?
I have an older version of DJI go and never had to connect it to a computer after initial
I use an Ipad mini 2 and keep it disconnected as well.
Any advise will be appreciated.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Any advice or a good post to help with first time setup and avoid updating completely?
Firmware updates are optional. He should ignore the firmware update prompts in DJI GO if he doesn't want to install them.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

What am I reading then when people say they go out somewhere and can't fly unless they go home and upgrade??

What am I reading then when people say they go out somewhere and can't fly unless they go home and upgrade??
Got a link so we can see what you're referring to?

Hi Darryl B here Bought my Mavic in beginning of 2017 Love it
Havent flown for a while too cold and snowy now,

Purchased another Mavic for a friend in sept 2017
It is still in the box ,as he is worried about setting it up and not being able to fly because of updating.
He is pretty much computer unfriendly Any advice or a good post to help with first time setup and avoid updating completely?
I have an older version of DJI go and never had to connect it to a computer after initial
I use an Ipad mini 2 and keep it disconnected as well.
Any advise will be appreciated.
Howdy from Wyoming @Darryl B , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS